Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (40) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Incantations reissue available for pre-order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TubularBeach Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 02 2011, 09:03

:laugh: The artwork is really really beautiful (or: bjuuutifull like in Yello's song "oh yeah" if you know this one  ;) )
Anyway, I have just ordered a signed copy but I am not quite sure whether this includes the CDs or this might be only the vinyl version.
Hey guys, who else chose "fast delivery"?   :D   OK, I am just kidding - I did not think that you had to buy the whole company to get a speedy shipment.
But anyway: I hope for everyone that all the editions arrive in decent condition this summer and we can enjoy the music.  Keep your fingers crossed! :cool:

--------------
"I used to think the world was broken down by tribes,' I said. 'By Black and White. By Indian and White. But I know this isn't true. The world is only broken into two tribes: the people who are assholes and the people who are not."
— Sherman Alexie
Profile PM 
Elf Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 09:30

Quote (Ugo @ June 02 2011, 07:16)
@ spark: maybe (and it's just a maybe from me) Universal were forced to change the covers because they don't own the copyright on them - Virgin owns it.

Nope, Universal have the rights for the album, and that includes the cover and the recordings that Virgin used to own.

But back to my original question, will there be a 5.1 remix of Incantations or not? Seems to a bit of confusion about this release (big surprise, this is Universal after all).

And there's no way I'm going to shell out that kind of money for a signed vinyl version, unless it involves a meeting with Mike.
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 09:33

I also purchased the signed edition and the special delivery cost was only £4.99 ...but I live in the UK !

I assume(d ?) the signed edition included the cd deluxe version as per HR & Omm signed versions ( that included the vinyl format ) even though I noticed the product page described only 2 pieces to the product ! ...surely thats an error ....2 vinlys for £40 ! .... If not I'll cancel the order ?
:(
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 09:41

i thought i would never see this in ebay but celebrating new incantations vinyl, timing is perfect lol...if i had extra copy i would probably been waiting this moment also...

Incantations LP "very limited RED/BLUE vinyls"

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 09:57

Official confirmation of Incantations reissue:

MO Official

No mention of any other release ....
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 12:15

From the official blurb "Oldfields first AND ONLY official studio double album" . So what does that make Light and Shade?

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 12:34

Hehe good one!

I was looking at those unknown tracks on Disc 2, and then I realized what they are: (I THINK) the many outtakes Mike made before the final release of Incantations. They sounded quite different because Mike made most of them before his Exegesis period.

Some of those can be heard on the Reflections documentary from 1976. I realized this because I saw the title Piano Improvisation, and in 'Reflections' you can hear a different version of the beginning of Incantations Part 4, which of course is a piano piece.

Unfortunately, I can't find a fragment of it on YouTube. I have the whole film on DVD, but for those who have seen it; it's the scene where you see the nature shots and the little fox. It's slightly different than the version we know, and it's got that beautiful Roland SH-2000 flute synth sound.

I really hope those are the tracks I think they are!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Elf Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 12:48

Quote (olracUK @ June 02 2011, 12:15)
From the official blurb "Oldfields first AND ONLY official studio double album" . So what does that make Light and Shade?

Forgotten. Like that album should be.
Profile PM 
jjmillenium Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 13:12

that 5 tracks aren't demos or rare things. I explain, in the first cd we have the whole album remastered by Oldfield himself, and on the cd2 we have 5 extracts from the record remixed by Oldfield, that singles or b-sides and only one demo at the end of the CD2
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 15:01

Quote (Matt @ June 01 2011, 23:39)

New cover - I'm speechless, just gorgeous!

:O Ohh is it a real pic ? or ? ...seems to be made with Bryce !  :D  maybe Mike and Fanny has loved my pictures for the TubularNetGroup website .  :D
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 15:07

Quote (Milamber @ June 02 2011, 00:55)
It looks like something Tubular Tos would design ..but yes I like it a lot  :D

:D lol i would like they like my humble pics !  :D

yeah very very nice picture ..don't know why but for me the two red lights remind me of the Sydney Opera House by Night  :s
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 16:15

Quote (Tubular Tos @ June 02 2011, 21:07)
Quote (Milamber @ June 02 2011, 00:55)
It looks like something Tubular Tos would design ..but yes I like it a lot  :D

:D lol i would like they like my humble pics !  :D

yeah very very nice picture ..don't know why but for me the two red lights remind me of the Sydney Opera House by Night  :s

Or two smoking guns from a double shot in the foot.

:p
Profile PM 
hph Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 16:49

I like the colors of the new cover. But all in all it's too "virtual" IMHO. But who cares about the cover, I'm so much looking forward to the music.

:D
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 17:05

Hmm I don't get it. Will the vinyl edition include the original or the 2011 mix?
I bet it's the original from past releases, but the official page is confusing...
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 17:41

When the preorder is over will it still be possible to order the signed edition?

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 02 2011, 20:05

Quote (olracUK @ June 02 2011, 12:15)

This is an immature album yet he was 52. It uses computers so he couldn't have done it before Tubular Bells and release it 30 years later. Therefore, somebody else did it, perhaps his son?
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 23:48

Quote (Ugo @ June 02 2011, 07:16)
I pre-ordered the Signed edition and the Deluxe one, because, as far as I could understand from the website, the Signed edition is only vinyl and doesn't include the CD. Did I understand that wrongly? Well, if I did, I can still change my mind because I didn't check out - my authorization failed... :)

that certainly appears to be what the website is saying.  The signed edition is just the vinyl... so you have to buy the deluxe edition as well to get all of the extras.  This doesn't seem right though.  I've bought the signed edition only and will wait to see what arrives!
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: June 03 2011, 04:32

All looks exciting to me, with the extra tracks on the CD, I love the cover, it would be interesting to find out who designed it, as to me it looks like a Storm Thorgerson cover, the man who designed many Pink Floyd covers ;)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 03 2011, 05:11

Recently I've bought a vinyl at Universal online shop and it didn't take too long to recieve it in a perfect condition.

Fingers crossed that this time for Incantations,all those problems won't dare to appear again!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
bionicmic Offline

Posted: June 03 2011, 05:54

Bought Ommadawn deluxe (90/250) last year.It took ages to arrive and when I saw Mike's signature on the portrait, I wondered if he's had a few too many before signing it.It is not a very nice way to treat your fans.Even if he had lots to sign he didn't need to do them all at once and scribble like a five years old child.At least the remix is exellent,this compensates that .So this time I'm not falling for it,I'll wait and get it in a shop when it comes out.                                                                                                 Regarding the cover photo,couldn't it be one of Fanny's ????
Profile PM 
781 replies since June 01 2011, 17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (40) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net