Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Incantations Live!, Magical, mysterious< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TheMann Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 25 2009, 06:40

I just viewed Incantations Live, the Exposed concert, youtube ..

And now it must be said again: who is the greatest magicial/composer in modern time?

The winner is ... yes, MIKE OLDFIELD!!!  

This is why I love the stuff from Mike so much: this concert has it all:  
(a) very unique in style & setting;
(b) very complex material;
© very lyrical material;
(d) mysterious and subtle, all of it,
(e) excellent and highly motivated musicians, really trying to make something eternal, time-less

WOW!!! Mike Oldfield, how underrated he is. In the future, he will be remembered as the brightest shining star of our epoch, trust me. (And not due to Moonlight Shadow).
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2009, 06:54

If you haven't already buy the DVD NOW!!!!! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2009, 09:12

I was on another internet forum recently,and there was a thread about What Is The Best Guitar Solo Ever..So of course straight away I was thinking to myself..Well my favourite guitar solos of all time are undoutably contained within both Incantations and Ommadawn.And seen as how other people in the thread were already busy putting up their own youtube links to bloody Freebird and Hotel  do not disturb sign California yawn yawn..I thought yeah get me on here.. I`m gonna blow their frickin` tiny minds daddio,they wont know what`s bloody hit them... :p

Well in the end I decided against it.Partly because I couldn`t be bothered.And partly because I clicked on the youtube link to the Montreux gig where Mike misses that entire run of notes,and there`s that great split second look of sheer terrified panic in his face.Of course he pulls it back magnificently,but ahhh what yer gonna` do?..Maggie in a jump suit man.Blokes standing around looking like extras from a 118 commercial.They just wouldn`t understand..

I agree with everything you say The Mann.But I think if Mike`s work is to be more appreciated in the future,which to be honest I think it will be one day.Well yeah there`s a whole lot of prejudice and clothearedness still to be overcome I guess.But then as me dear old mum used to say..."Each to their own son,each to their own".

"What?..Even when those people havn`t got a bloody clue,what they`re on about"?

"Yes!..Even then"!

"Ahh Bollocks"!
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2009, 09:24

I saw that show(on video, not in person), it was excellent!
Jimbo

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2009, 09:40

Yes Dirk, I think if non-Terrans visited the Earth 500 years from now and dug up our time capsules and retrieved our data they would say "this Oldfield, he was one of the superior ones. He was well ordered. Let's make a holodeck program based on the available data."

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2009, 04:00

Quote (TheMann @ Feb. 25 2009, 06:40)
I just viewed Incantations Live, the Exposed concert, youtube .. And now it must be said again: who is the greatest magicial/composer in modern time? The winner is ... yes, MIKE OLDFIELD!!! This is why I love the stuff from Mike so much: this concert has

Scatterplot sums up incantations, the ultimate feel good album to wind down with, or cuddle up to with someone special, deb
Profile PM 
5 replies since Feb. 25 2009, 06:40 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net