Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Incantations and Exposed< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 22 2002, 19:42

Hi all,

I wanna know more info about the version of Incantations that you can hear on Exposed.

To start,I wanna know about the singing parts that appear on it.

I am still looking for a copy of the orginal Incantations album,that´s why am asking you this.

Tati The Sentinel

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 23 2002, 15:32

Parts of Incantations didn't make it to Exposed - I'd have to play them through again to be able to say exactly what's missing, though (a large chunk of part 3 is certainly taken out and I know that some other parts are shortened as well).

Maddy Prior sang lead vocals, while the choir was made up from members of the Queen's College choir.

For information on the lyrics that are being sung, you might like to have a look here http://tubular.net/discography/IncantationsPoems.shtml
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2002, 18:36

Very quick question - Was the version of Incantations released on Exposed, as it was played at the concert, or was the whole of Incantations played and simply edited prior to release?

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 25 2005, 15:30

3 years on and I never got an answer! Lol

Looks like a similar question has been asked and answered more recently anyway!  :D

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2005, 19:14

Quote (T4 @ Mar. 26 2002, 00:36)
Was the version of Incantations released on Exposed, as it was played at the concert, or was the whole of Incantations played and simply edited prior to release?

As the shows which were recorded for Exposed certainly featured other stuff in addition to Incantations (from the released recording, we know that all of TB Part 1 and a good chunk of TB Part 2 was featured), I guess that Mike made up the shortened version of Incantations and rehearsed it with the band shortly before touring. I don't know why, but editing the recording of it to make it fit on the (LP) record sounds rather silly to me. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 27 2005, 13:00

Yes - I agree and thanks for your response. Although, the fade out of one part of Incantations Parts 1&2 on Exposed suggests that he did exactly that.

--------------
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: May 02 2005, 14:17

Just to keep the same topic together and not disseminated in different ones... I replied to a similar question some months ago here. Hope you will find it interesting ;)
Profile PM 

Posted: May 02 2005, 14:34

Quote (Spinne @ May 02 2005, 14:17)
Just to keep the same topic together and not disseminated in different ones... I replied to a similar question some months ago here. Hope you will find it interesting ;)

Yes - thanks for that Spinne. A very full and comprehensive explanation!  ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: May 02 2005, 15:12

The item linked to refers to a book about the Exposed tour? I want to find out more about this book. I suppose that "Exposed Exposed" should be a good title for such a book, if it exists!

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
8 replies since Feb. 22 2002, 19:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net