Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: In the studio?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
AlexS Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 09 2005, 09:41

Anyone got any recent-ish (last 10 years) photos of Mike in the studio?

--------------
http://www.thelightdream.net
http://thelightdreams.bandcamp.com/
Profile PM WEB 
ordinaryano Offline

Posted: June 17 2006, 14:15

Not much but maybe helps?

FL Studio/Fruityloops
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: June 17 2006, 19:30

My Mother always used to tell me that sitting that close to the TV would ruin my eye-sight.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: June 18 2006, 04:40

That's partially true, there are two things that ruin your eyes - the refresh rate of the screen and the particle emissions. The refresh rate, as long as it is 85 hz or better (85 is recommended though) and the highest colour rating possible, and at a resolution you can cope with...

The particle emissions would be stray electrons. A TV or monitor is basically an electron accelerator, and if one escapes, that'd be a form of beta-radiation, although it'd be very slow compared to what its capable of (when pushed fast enough, electrons can approach the speed of light)

So as long as you have a very low emission (energy Star) Monitor with a refresh of 85 hz, you'll be fine. Of course, that's a flatpanel Mike's got there, which introduces other problems. If that's a LCD, and the pixel response is less than 0.13 msec, then he's fine (works out to about 75 hz) The reason why this is so important becomes apparent when you watch a DVD on an old LCD; the screen sort of blends together fast action, as though it can't take it. This messes with your brain. Don't do it peeps.

As far as plasma goes, well I'd be wary of using anything that production companies have to throw away 3 in 4 of just because they can't make them well enough. Plus, their resolution is usually terrible.

So, I'll wait for HGED. (High Gain Emissive Displays).

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
3 replies since Nov. 09 2005, 09:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net