Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Images from Online Games, (The visual history of Music VR!)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 15 2007, 03:38

Often in an online game there are events that we like to record with screenshots, so I thought it might be helpful to have a special section for them here. The images are easier to view (avoiding scrolling) if they're reduced a bit before uploading them - generally speaking, reducing a typical MVR screen to 60-70% seems about right.

To get things started, here are some shots from the game on Sunday 14th October 2007, hosted by María - a good big turnout! Here's a nice moment when we decided to meet at the tower of the underwater castle.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2007, 03:41

Another view of the meeting at the underwater castle - I never managed to get a shot of all the avatars together. The assembled company was María (firebeing), Trinidad (blue dart), me (blue moth), and I think it was 3-Wheeler using the dice avatar.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2007, 03:46

During the game, we went into one of the unofficial worlds - Seagull's World - to get beyond the barriers. For some mysterious reason the daliphants have always disappeared from the horizon in that world, for me (though not for others), but on this occasion the daliphants were there. So, however, was a thick blue mist that washed the colour out of everything and made it impossible to see anything until I got close to it. So Tr3s Lunas still turns up things I've never seen before. Here's the daliphant, looming up out of the mist.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2007, 03:49

Trinidad had devised a method for getting out of the snow tunnel during the owl flight, by flying high above the owl and then backing off rapidly, at the end. We both managed to do it - here's a shot from outside the tunnel, surrounded by thick white mist. I never managed to catch a sight of Trinidad's avatar out there, though.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2007, 05:05

I find this thread is a good idea to keep it tidy, Alan.

Here I bring some shots I took yesterday. This first is in the indian village, the first time we all went through the canyon to the waterfall. (Hmm... Did we go to the waterfall? :))

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2007, 05:07

One more of most of us on top of the underwater castle's tower.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2007, 05:09

And here a being that I love in tr3s lunas, the cat sit in front of the Rebirth Tunnel spaceship.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2007, 19:43

We've just come back from an online game hosted by Ugo.

The first thing we've done is Ants World. I shot and run away with speed set to 3. What I got is quite an empty world, no daliphants and nothing on the land but big holes. Here a pic of the vulcano in Ants World:

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2007, 19:50

Ugo, Trinidad and me chatting about the inscription on the cross in the forest. Cyrillic? Greek? We will see...... :)

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2007, 19:56

Ugo, Trinidad, Gary and me meeting at the table in the canyon, just before the "jam" IN Ugo's humming bird :D

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2007, 20:05

And here, me "hijacking" the humming bird... It was a bit strange.. I was flying with the firebeing over the humming bird and I got "glued" to it. The firebeing disappeared and I was trapped in Ugo's avatar ('entrapolada' sounds very beautiful, but it doesn't exist in Spanish, it is 'atrapada', Ugo :)) Eventually, I had to restart cause there seemed to be no way out.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2007, 20:10

And the last I took tonight.. Humming Bird, Firebeing and Bad Drawn Cat doing purr... purr... purr.. and chatting about cats (Though I still think it is not so bad drawn, is it?)

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2007, 17:43

Forget it ... I don't know how to post my image... :/

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 03:18

Ugo, on the page where u write your posts on this section, just over the 'Add Reply' button, there's a little window where u can search for the image in your computer and upload straight from there.

Try, I'm sure u will find it easy.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 05:18

@ María: all that I see in the reply window is a strip that says "File Attachments". Now I'm attaching my image (which I took during a trip to the 'minimal' version of Ants World, and I called "Emmenthal-like landscape" because it's full of holes!! :D) to this message. I hope it works... ;)

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 11:34

This isn't really a pic from an online game (as I was playing alone! :D), but I'm posting it here as I think it's really nice ;). It's one of the two obelisks in the main land, deprived of the sad-looking, looming airship that's almost always near it during 'normal' gameplay. I captured it on its own during a very nice trip (which I've just returned from) into Swords Game World. It's the very same obelisk you may see (or you may not see) in Firebeings World, but here there's full daylight and IMHO it's clearer.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------
Profile PM 
15 replies since Oct. 15 2007, 03:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net