Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I'm done, no more music< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ecco Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 02 2005, 05:38

It's been increasingly frusterating and keeps leaving me some nights with a sense of despair that I've lost something and it's like it's useless to go on anymore. It was maddening and frusterating and I've finally decided enough is enough.

If you have ever encountered anybody who was experiencing true despair, I don't think you would have taken such pleasure in alarming your friends like that. You certainly had me fooled, for this very reason. Honestly, this has all the makings of a suicide note. Tony actually considered contacting you, but in such situations, sometimes intruding is the worst course of action.

Though I realize you're young (one year younger than I am, I think), I found this in no way amusing--April Fool's or not.

Julie.

--------------
http://www.myspace.com/twilighttide
Profile PM WEB 
Jammer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 02 2005, 10:29

I was amused by it and the minority of my thought was that it was an April Fools, so it had its desired effect. The only way I can see someone giving up music is if they become dreadfully paralysed in some way. That's why I was comparing it to a physical ability rather than a mental one.

It worked well as none of the tracks do exist on your geocities server (afaik). Though I discovered they were still up on the s7.org server I thought that you could have forgotten to remove those too

As Alan D says, watch your back ;) I was told about the April Fools' superstition at school when I was about 8. I guess the teachers didn't want the small kids to make too much use of the situation :) Damn! The news of you retiring was going to encourage me to write more music, but for me I guess that wont be happening as soon as I thought
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: April 02 2005, 14:08

What I meant, Ecco, was that I had just been getting frusterated with writing and that I just felt empty about it and I wasn't getting anywhere as if all ability to be inspired just vanished and it left me sad. I didn't say I was going to commit suicide over it. Sorry if you got that impression, but I did say I was going to move on with my life.

And in all fairness this is actually partly true. I haven't been REALLY inspired lately like I used to be. I think it's because I have so much on my mind and so much to do right now, though. I know I haven't lost anything. Maybe that's why it was so convincing, though :).

I suppose I deserve any revenge that would be taken out on me :). Bring it on, guys! I'm a good sport! :p

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: April 02 2005, 14:24

I kinda feel not inspired too ;) but I already know that it just has to come alone:-)

if you have a break just let it be and do something else:)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Jameson Kimball Offline

Posted: April 02 2005, 19:52

I haven't been REALLY inspired lately like I used to be. I think it's because I have so much on my mind

When I have alot on my mind, I write music,
Actually that is when I write my best stuff,
Probably because I can put all the emotions of the moment into the music.

But then again I am a nacent musician.

--------------
www.soundcloud.com/jamesonkimball
Profile PM 

Posted: April 02 2005, 21:29

Can you upload any of your works? I'd be interested to hear them.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Jameson Kimball Offline

Posted: April 02 2005, 22:31

NO but I can E mail them to you
I use guitar pro 4 so the quality is not great. all it is is MIDI

--------------
www.soundcloud.com/jamesonkimball
Profile PM 
Ecco Offline

Posted: April 03 2005, 05:14

Yo, no worries, MusicallyInspired.
Can't add much more to the kind advice that you have already gotten here except to say that perhaps a day spent walking around Hergest Ridge would do you well.
Carry on...
Tony (and Julie).

--------------
http://www.myspace.com/twilighttide
Profile PM WEB 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: April 04 2005, 12:55

I got really unsure over all of this, especially after James wrote that big message of his in the thread, and had said that the MSN Platinum thing was more plausible than you giving up music: either everyone was getting into the joke, or it was actually true. What's worse, to me, your message sounded quite positive - you seemed quite excited with getting on with your life, and stuff. I've been through phases like that, so I was rather familiar with it. In the end, I was decided: either it was a really tasteless joke, or I had been a real bastard with my posts!

Now, it wasn't really tasteless. And honestly, I doubted that you'd be able to completely give up music. That's harder than it sounds! Decisions like that most times are made today, and tomorrow, you start to reconsider. I imagined that, if it were true, your mailbox would get so flooded, you'd be forced to, at least, put some of your music back online, and you'd get into the business again.

In the end, I think Jammer tricked me more than you did. ;) And I'd never be such a bastard to steal your ideas. I'm not Jimmy Page, you know. :D Keep on your smooth work, and keep updating that project of yours. Creativity is a real curse, sometimes, but never when you're in peace with yourself!

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: June 27 2005, 03:10

Hi Brandon, I haven't heard any of your stuff but it's obvious you are a music lover and a lover of good music at that. Was there any truth in what you wrote, are you feeling frusterated? I thought it was funny, and you didn't sound suicidal at all, just bogged down. Sometimes I think my obsession with Mikes music isn't all that healthy and I need a change, nothing wrong with that. Just don't ever leave us, Cheers,
Tracy.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 

Posted: July 05 2005, 01:24

Don't worry I'm not going anywhere. I just don't post a lot anymore lol. I do drop by from time to time to see what's up.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
30 replies since April 01 2005, 02:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net