Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: IFA 1989, Mike relaxed after Show< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
SP84 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 21 2017, 09:14

Well, it's a bit older one. There is a little history behind. When I heard that Mike is performing on IFA1989, me and my former guitar player decided to watch him. We managed to wait for an autograph after the show at a little house on the exhibition. Later Mike arrived with the other musicians (the only one I remember is Phil Spalding). The guy at the left seems to be someone from the record company or the management. He gathered all our books, covers, pictures or what else to sign. Phil was always joking around while the band was waiting on top of the terrace. Mike seems not to be interested in anything.

In preparation for this date, I decided to take the booklet of my Discovery CD. Well and at the end I got my autograph. The guy from the record company gave all back to us. Mike has signed my cover, well with a black Edding marker at the front cover, perfect, I can see nearly nothing.

So I ask the guy again for a better one but he wasn't very co-operative when Phil Spalding was shouting from above, that's ok. So my booklet went upstairs again, Mike signed it again and finally I got it back, with now two autographs from Mike  in it. One hardly to see and a better one inside. Thanks to Phil Spalding after all these years.
Profile PM 
SP84 Offline

Posted: May 21 2017, 09:21

Upps, and here is the pic.

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image
Profile PM 
SP84 Offline

Posted: May 22 2017, 00:20

Sorry for that. The pic is on the way.  :zzz:
In addition, I also had a picture of Anita Hegerland from that afternoon. But I actually don't remember where it is. The pictures are made later in that afternoon by a colleague who we met at the IFA. She was the one who told us where to wait for Mike.  :)
Profile PM 
SP84 Offline

Posted: May 23 2017, 02:33

Well, I didn't get it here. I uploaded the photo but don't know whether it stuck at the moderators :/ there is no http I can use, or did I get something wrong?  :/
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 26 2017, 00:32

Photo approved, sorry for the delay
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: June 03 2017, 15:32

Quote (SP84 @ May 21 2017, 15:21)
Upps, and here is the pic.

The guy on the left is Dirk Hohmeyer from Virgin Records Germany. He now runs the Night of the Proms shows in Europe.

Edited by manintherain on June 03 2017, 15:32
Profile PM 
5 replies since May 21 2017, 09:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net