Mariah Carey coaching Beyoncé 0  [0.00%]
Beyoncé coaching Leona Lewis 0  [0.00%]
Carlos Santana coaching Mike Oldfield 0  [0.00%]
Mike Oldfield coaching Mark Knopfler 1  [50.00%]
Mark Knopfler coaching Joe Satriani 0  [0.00%]
Joe Satriani coaching Steve Vai 0  [0.00%]
Guests cannot vote

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: If there were a "Celebrity X Factor"..., ... who would coach who?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 30 2009, 18:45

This was inspired by one of my latest ramblings in the "What are you playing this very second?" topic. As some of you may know, each contestant on X Factor has what they call a 'vocal coach' - a professional musician teaching the songs and the arrangements to the up-and-coming, not-always-talented artists. :) If a Celebrity X Factor existed, where the authors had the freedom to choose anyone coaching anyone (not limited to singers... even instrumentalists could take part), what do you think would be the most likely 'couple', and the least likely, among the ones I listed above? Please vote, or add your own couples. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Nov. 30 2009, 19:25

Quote (Ugo @ Nov. 30 2009, 18:45)
This was inspired by one of my latest ramblings in the "What are you playing this very second?" topic. As some of you may know, each contestant on X Factor has what they call a 'vocal coach' - a professional musician teaching the songs and the arrangements to the up-and-coming, not-always-talented artists. :) If a Celebrity X Factor existed, where the authors had the freedom to choose anyone coaching anyone (not limited to singers... even instrumentalists could take part), what do you think would be the most likely 'couple', and the least likely, among the ones I listed above? Please vote, or add your own couples. :)

I think musical theatre directors, musicians/singers would be my choice of  type of person to coach singers. Maybe someone like Peter Skellon whos a musician and who has written plays could be a possible candidate? People who are singers as well as drama teachers would be candidates to coach singers.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2009, 03:42

I`d like to see Ryan Seacrest teach Dermot O` Leary how to present the bloody show without looking like he was having a nervous breakdown live on stage.Honestly the guy makes Seacrest look like David Dimbleby imo.Alicia Keys was a guest here on sunday night,and when O`leary came onto the stage at the end of her set whooping and wailing and waving his arms around like Magnus Pike on prozac.She had that look on her face as if to say "call security there`s an escaped mental patient up here with a microphone"

Believe it or not Ugo Macca is reportadly planning to appear on the UK show over here sometime before Christmas.Personaly I think the Dickinson/McCartney one would be quite amusing.Or maybe Ozzy Ozbourne instead of Dickinson,I think Ozzy is a big McCartney fan is`nt he?Macca could teach Ozzy how to sing,and Ozzy could.....Oh no he`s vegetarian is`nt he....It`d have to be a fruit bat I guess.    :p
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2009, 05:32

Quote (Dirk Star @ Dec. 01 2009, 03:42)
It`d have to be a fruit bat I guess.

Eric the fruit bat? :D
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2009, 06:09

:laugh: I knew it was gonna` be Python,but I had to look it up and watch it on youtube anyway.And then it all came flooding back..I don`t think Macca could possibly eat anything named Eric,that`d be bang out of order.Although I`m sure there was once a brief moment where he could have quite happily murdered a certain Eric for Dirk McQuickly.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2009, 14:11

Waiting for this Years Facebook Campaign to Beat the X Factor Single...    I think the  Muppets are being touted as Possibles..  Just Heard Rolf & the Quo so they could also be touted to do the Biz on cowells wannabee.. lol.. :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Nov. 30 2009, 18:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net