Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I wish it had been released earlier!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
David Mar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 06 2006, 05:59

Wish it had been released on the 30th Anniversary of Tubular Bells! It would have made up for Mike's lack of a 30th Anniversary tour!

Or maybe 25 years after Mike's first solo tour!

Nevermind though! Now we have officially released live footage of Mike from '79, '80 with the 'Essential' video, which I supposed they should release on DVD, and next hopefully '81 with the Montreux DVD! They ought to cover the 'Platinum' tour, 'QE2' tour, FMO, Crises and Discovery tours too! It would be much better than any of the bootlegs, because the money would go to Mike, and we'd all be able to get them!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2006, 07:32

Oh well at least it's here now :D .  I'd like to see the others officially released too, as with bootlegs you can never tell what quality the recording is going to be. I'd much rather my money go to Mike rather than have it possibly go to criminal gangs.  Queen have beat the bootleggers at their own game, on the Queen on Line website, Queen have made their most bootlegged performances available for legal  download for £5 each,and these performances have been cleaned up, with the money raised going to the "Mercury Pheonix Trust", (AIDS charity), with EMI matching donations £ for £ . I'd download them if I had a CD burner on this PC.

Add to the list , "The Making of Ommadawn" film, see my 30th Anniversary poll in the Ommadawn topic   :) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
David Mar Offline

Posted: Jan. 07 2006, 05:28

It's great that today's technology can be used to re-master and also clean up video and audio clips so that stuff that was too bad to be released in the past can now be put out!
Profile PM 
2 replies since Jan. 06 2006, 05:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net