Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I take it all back!!!!, I like first steps< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Oct. 04 2005, 22:58

this is lovely!!!! I have been saying that this is boring but i found it lovely today. I had my walkman and walked in the sun and had the sea beside me. And i was listening to this song. God!! This song gave me more good feeling that ever!! This is huge stuf mike. My blood was just blow in my heart and good feelings was born.
See the sun flickering on the horizon missed just this song part!!

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
willy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 06 2005, 08:27

I thought so too at first. But the second half from 5:30 is frigging amazing - as stunning and dynamic as anythink Mike's ever done! Wow!
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2005, 08:48

same here!! i found this part first have it on my walkman outside walking in the sun. GOSH!! really nice and exiting piece from 5:30. How its starts and begins to be a beautiful climax!

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
simmo2005 Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 10:36

I had pointed this out in my review of the album (i had a promo copy before it's release) but does anyone else notice the resemblance 'first steps' has to Mont St. Michel (Voyager)?  not just in the similar length, but also in the way it builds up.

Both tracks would also be well suited to film music.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 10:58

Quote (Tubularman @ Oct. 05 2005, 03:58)
this is lovely!!!!

Yes, it certainly is - but then the main theme comes from one of the finest parts of the Tr3s Lunas game. Did it seem boring at first because you knew it too well already? Or some other reason?
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 11:27

yes maybe. When i first waited for this album my thought around those tres lunas songs would have a new tune or something. This song can sound very like about what we are use to hear from tres lunas. But its different.. I just needed to get use to it. Often when this song came i just skip it, but then one day i heard it on my walkman and realized that this was a huge version  ;)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2008, 23:23

As much as I love it, there are occasions when I find "First Steps" a bit too slow and prefer to listen to "Tres Lunas", but I think it's a fabulous piece. And when I'm in the right 'zone', it's perfect.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2008, 05:19

I added 1st Steps to tres Lunas with Ringscape and and they both seem to work better with that album than L&S .. Just got to go out and buy a i pod now lol... :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
7 replies since Oct. 04 2005, 22:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net