Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I need help appreciating Voyager, What should I look for?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 17 2010, 07:35

Quote (trcanberra @ Mar. 17 2010, 03:45)
Maybe if you sit in a soggy Welsh forest and sniff the pine cones while listening to the music?

I don't 'love' this as much as many MO albums but seem to listen to it a surprising amount considering.  When I sit down with my favorites (like Amarok) I really need to be listening.  This one works as mood or background music - not wanting to belittle it by saying that; it's great that MO can satisfy so many of my musical moods so well.

I went on holidays to the UK some years ago, and found myself at one stage in a soggy Welsh forest. It smelt of onions - and I burst out laughing to see all the leeks around. It was such a cliche! (It would be fun and probably nonchalant as well to visit different countries and do everything to avoid seeing cliched sights. I wonder if anyone visits Paris without catching a single glimpse of the Eiffel Tower?)
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2010, 10:03

Quote (nightspore @ Mar. 17 2010, 07:35)
Maybe if you sit in a soggy Welsh forest and sniff the pine cones while listening to the music?

I don't 'love' this as much as many MO albums but seem to listen to it a surprising amount considering.  When I sit down with my favorites (like Amarok) I really need to be listening.  This one works as mood or background music - not wanting to belittle it by saying that; it's great that MO can satisfy so many of my musical moods so well.

I went on holidays to the UK some years ago, and found myself at one stage in a soggy Welsh forest. It smelt of onions - and I burst out laughing to see all the leeks around. It was such a cliche! (It would be fun and probably nonchalant as well to visit different countries and do everything to avoid seeing cliched sights. I wonder if anyone visits Paris without catching a single glimpse of the Eiffel Tower?)

Wales is soggy.It rains a lot there.It could be really sunny on the English side of Offa's Dyke but the second you step into Wales it will be raining.Actually that's a bit of an exageration and i do love Wales but it does seem to have a lot more rain than England.You want soggy though you should go to Scotland.And it's cold too.Billy Connelly said that his natural colour,in common with all Scots,is pale blue and it takes a week of sunbathing to get to the same shade of white that English people have! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2010, 18:59

Quote (nightspore @ Mar. 17 2010, 07:35)

Funny thing - I AM Welsh and hadn't even seen a leek until I came to Australia  :)
Profile PM 
22 replies since Jan. 22 2010, 16:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net