[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I made a 'Tubular' playlist< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 04 2008, 04:51

"Variations on a Tubular Theme"

1. Introduction (Tubular Bells 2003)
2. Early Stages (don't recall where I got this from)
3. Sentinel (Tubular Bells II)
4. Tubular World (The Songs of Distant Earth)
5. The Source of Secrets (Tubular Bells III)
6. Introduction (video version) (Tubular Bells 2003)
7. Harbinger (Music of the Spheres)

And, in the process, it struck me that "Tubular World" is the odd one of the bunch. To me, it's only kinda tubular, since it doesn't seem to follow the same note pattern as the others. So it makes for a nice break, there, in the middle.

You know, I never considered this theme as one of my top faves, but this playlist is quite mesmerizing. I can imagine myself, after a few more listens, twitching and dribbling from excessive tubularity.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: July 13 2008, 01:03

Nice selection - I love Sentinel and the video version from 2003.  I agree on the Tubular World comment - interesting variation.

Hmm - I vaguely remember Early Stages - will have to track it down now.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 13 2008, 18:46

"Early Stages" is Sentinel before Trevor Horn's intervention. I think it was a B-side of something. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2008, 20:19

Quote (Ugo @ July 13 2008, 18:46)
"Early Stages" is Sentinel before Trevor Horn's intervention. I think it was a B-side of something. :)

I've sometimes wondered where the rarities came from, and I'm often grateful to those who've made them available webwise. Is there a document of all MO's rarities with recording/release dates?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
3 replies since July 04 2008, 04:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net