[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I love Tr3s Lunas as much as I love...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 05 2007, 17:17

I love Tr3s Lunas! WOOOooooooOOO!!!

Anyone else?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2007, 19:08

Traffic ticket.  :)
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2007, 01:09

:p  I knew I shouldn't have included that one.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2007, 07:57

I picked "Melted chocolate" - Its good sometimes, but it can get a bit messy after a while  :)

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2007, 08:19

I picked "melted chocolate"...
I like chocolate (melted or not), but after I ate it I have a headache...  :/

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Sep. 07 2007, 09:32

I couldnt make a possible distinction between the first 4 choices... so... I picked Ice cream, because I ate some yesterday. Haagen Dazs Cookies & Cream mmmm.

I really like Tr3s Lunas. It's what I would term 'summer music'. Great for crusing around in the car with (not that I have one).

I imagine the Title track with myself in an old 50's american car going down route 66, Texas... long, straight roads... hot, clear blue skies... wind in your hair :)

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2007, 15:27

I voted for chocolate too, the music has that smoooth, flowing texture and richness. I find it a very positive album, it points up in every direction if you know what I mean, it's not ponderous or down beat. Yes, I agree about the summeriness, very high definition, like a clear summer morning. Nice to see you back arron11196, you've come back at a very interesting time!

bee :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2007, 01:04

Quote (arron11196 @ Sep. 07 2007, 09:32)
I imagine the Title track with myself in an old 50's american car going down route 66, Texas... long, straight roads... hot, clear blue skies... wind in your hair :)

I like that description, arron. I can so see that.

--------------
Profile PM 
HUALCA Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 12:56

mmm...love it like melted chocolate.....

Despite of the bad comments I've always read about Tr3sLunas, I think this is one of the best mike's albums...from the very begining to the end I really enjoy listening to it. I also love "to be free"...for me, one of the best vocal songs since his worldwide classical ones like family man, moonlight shadow and to France.

:cool:
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 13:04

melted chocolate :)
I love that album very much really. But i wish he could release the official tres lunas 2. There is more than just Tres Lunas :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 21:56

Quote (HUALCA @ Mar. 20 2008, 12:56)

Despite of the bad comments I've always read about Tr3sLunas, I think this is one of the best mike's albums...from the very begining to the end I really enjoy listening to it. I also love "to be free"...for me, one of the best vocal songs since his worldwide classical ones like family man, moonlight shadow and to France.

I agree with 'To Be Free' - great track.  Nice album too, not one of my favourites but I do enjoy it.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2008, 03:52

Quote (Tubularman @ Mar. 20 2008, 13:04)
i wish he could release the official tres lunas 2. There is more than just Tres Lunas

That reminds me of my love for "Solar System". I love "Solar System" as much as I love... fresh buttery croissants. Served to me in bed. Why do I love it so much - can anyone explain it to me?

--------------
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2008, 05:08

Quote (Sweetpea @ Mar. 23 2008, 16:52)
That reminds me of my love for "Solar System". I love "Solar System" as much as I love... fresh buttery croissants. Served to me in bed. Why do I love it so much - can anyone explain it to me?

Because it's perfect. I feel exactly the same way.

As for this poll, I really can't pick any of the choices. You've either got things I really really love, or a traffic ticket. There's no middle ground. I need one like "I love Tres Lunas as much as I love carrots". It's nice, but nothing really special to me.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
HUALCA Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2008, 22:45

Quote (HUALCA @ Mar. 20 2008, 12:56)

Is there anyone from Chile here? if so...hola compatriota!!!...yo de la república independiente de Playa Ancha en Valparaíso   :D
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2008, 09:18

Kittens I like kittens, but prefer puppies. I like chocolate and ice cream, but tend to prefer them at certain times of the month  :O  :cool: , I'm more in to cheese and savoury things such as nuts,  Kettle Chips (which are in fact really crisps not chips).   To me I would say Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn are like the puppies of Mikes work as opposed to kittens.  Some would say that Amarok is the lion amongst Mike's work, I'd saythe lions  would have to be TB, HR and Omm.  I would also class FMO (apart from Family Man), Incantations , and Crises(apart from Jon Anderson singing In High Places) TB3 and TSODE, Voyagerand Guitars as tigers, close  but not quite King of the Jungle       :)  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2008, 09:36

Quote (arron11196 @ Sep. 07 2007, 13:32)
I really like Tr3s Lunas. It's what I would term 'summer music'. Great for crusing around in the car with (not that I have one).

Yep get me a convertible Aston Martin DB9 , well since I can't quite afford an Aston  a convertible BMW 3 Series, (I like the looks of the    E36 or E46 designs best  see here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series. Not only that Beemers don't break down the same as Astons.

My idea of summer motoring would be to hit the A44 driving westwards, towards Herefordshire/The Welsh Borders with Tubular Bells pumping out of the stereo  
:cool:  :)  :D.  I could go and do this in my Corsa model B , but it just isn't quite the same as an Aston or a Beemer     :O .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
MistyLandfall Offline

Posted: April 09 2008, 16:17

Well I do like music of the spheres ...but I just had a re-listening of Tr3s  Lunas today and... really I dont know what to say ... it is an amazing thing - even tough I liked 3lunas when it appeared (despite all the bad critics)  when I listen to it today its music like I never heard before ! Its an amazing unique piece of music or is it a painting ? - I cant describe how much I love it  !  -  melted chocolate ? come on... ! it  tastes  more like cristal mountain water  when your are thirsty for some time !   Its out of this World. Its music directly from a different solar system ! To me its Mikes best album ever !!! I very much hope there will be something like TR3ES LUNAS III Comming up there is so much more left in there (Tres Lunas II ... the fan project already appeared and glances at all the things that can go further).

so mike please please go back to work on Tr3es lunas ! Tr3es lunas III - we  are  ready for it  now !
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: April 10 2008, 03:42

How about an option named vomit? e.g.  I like tres lunas as much as I like to vomit...

but at the very least..it´s far better than the horror in light & shade..,..ohh my god...is there anything worse than light & shade?

Tres Lunas and light & Shade represents the worst period of MO music.. - A total meltdown..

I´m very glad he made MOTS though...it shows he still have some contact with mother earth and still have the exceptional skills only he haves when composing (most of the time)..
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 10 2008, 04:16

Quote (MistyLandfall @ April 09 2008, 20:17)
Well I do like music of the spheres ...but I just had a re-listening of Tr3s  Lunas today and... really I dont know what to say ... it is an amazing thing - even tough I liked 3lunas when it appeared (despite all the bad critics)  when I listen to it today its music like I never heard before ! Its an amazing unique piece of music or is it a painting ?

How refreshing to read such a positive response. It's interesting that you express it by talking about it as if unsure whether it's music or painting - because one of the things I've been harping on about for years is the fact that the Tr3sLunas package (music + game) is a composite work of art, and so it's not surprising that, even if the music is listened to separately from the game, it may have a particularly strong visual effect on the imagination.

What is particularly striking, I think, is how it demonstrates the fantastic range of this man's creativity. You're bang on the mark when you say there's nothing else like Tr3sLunas, and to confront the fact that the same guy who made Tr3s Lunas has also made Music of the Spheres, Amarok, Platinum, Incantations, The Wind Chimes, and The Songs of Distant Earth is to realise that with such a wide range of musical inspiration, some of these works are bound to disappoint some and thrill others, regardless of what their true merits are.

But I don't think there's any point in hoping for a Tr3sLunas3. I think that particular experiment is over, now. One of the strange things is that so often people talk negatively about MO repeating himself by over-using variations on the TB theme - but how many other comparable artists have produced such a wide range of music, demonstrating such a depth of creativity over such a long stretch of time?

Incidentally, much though I think Music of the Spheres is a lovely thing, if the house were on fire and I had to choose between saving TL or MOTS, it would be TL every time. There's an originality about Tr3sLunas - an unexpected, new kind of experience that I can't get anywhere else - a brilliant, watercolour freshness. I don't find anything to compare with that in Music of the Spheres.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: April 10 2008, 04:43

Wow I don`t think I`ve ever seen such polar opinions of one of Mike`s albums posted next to each other.And this for an album that Mike himself has classed as background/chill out type music.Although imo I still prefer to listen to this album when I`m doing absolutely nothing at all,so I can appreciate it fully.And I agree with a lot of people here that it is probablly one of Mike`s more under-rated albums.

Staying in the "chill out" vein for a second though I`ll put myself down for an Ice Cream vote here because there`s nothing quite as nice as a Mr Whippy cornet when you`re out and about with your family somewhere.And what the hell lets stick a couple of flakes in that and smother it in raspberry sauce as well it`s Tres Lunas we`re talking about here.Of course too much ice cream can result in belly-ache if you`re not too carefull.Although I`ve yet to eat that much of it for it to induce vomiting..    ;)
Profile PM 
41 replies since Sep. 05 2007, 17:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net