Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I love to sequence and record mike oldfield music, recording and sequencing mikes music< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
treslunas Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 11 2002, 18:57

Does anybody like to sequence and/or record mikes music? In my studio i am constantly recording and sequencing mikes music just 4 the fun of it! i dont know but it just gives me a buzz! also i like to add my own bits or arrange it in some way. Cool as fuck!
Treslunas

--------------
Tr3s Lunas (Danny Hudson)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 11 2002, 21:56

I think this discussion might be more at home here...

I think that it's always fun to play around with musical ideas. I think that it's clear from a lot of the messages on this board, that there are people around here who'd like to hear Mike's music sounding a certain way...I think that taking some of Mike's musical ideas and doing something with them yourself is a good way of doing that (especially as the chances of Mike doing it are pretty slim...). I think that Mike would probably be quite pleased (even if only secretly ;)) that his music was inspiring people to create, rather than just whinge...
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 12 2002, 12:18

while i dont have access to a studio :(, it is very fun to play and/or record stuff of his. a while ago i had the idea to write my own personal 'Tubular Bells' with all my own ideas but following the original Tubular Bells format and style. i had an idea for the beginning of part 1 and an idea for "The Great Plain" part on part 2. i still have yet to finish it tho but i intend to.

creating music is just so much fun. and making your own versions of his music is that much more fun. its also quite fun to listen to other people's vision of his music. it was really interesting listening to the S18 and S19 compilations and am looking forward to the Amarok one that should be coming out soon.

ah what a wonderuful community the MO fan community is :).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
2 replies since Sep. 11 2002, 18:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net