Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I love it!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
oGUH Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 17 2011, 21:37

And I'm happy, because when I first heard it, I just hated it, I had to listen to it 4 or 5 times, it's a really hard album to get into, unlike Ommadawn, its really strange, no music had had that kind of effect on me before
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 02 2014, 07:27

That is the magic of Amarok, even if you don't like it the first time, you have to keep coming back to it, and then suddenly, your in love :)
Profile PM 
sikejsudjek Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2014, 06:54

I had to listen to it over 10 times before I 'got it'. Now one of my all time favorite albums. Well worth the investment. Probably the reason why it took so long is because of the non linear structure we're all used to listening to. At first it just sounded to random, but after a while you get used to where the themes come in and out, and I'm always finding new stuff in it that I missed before.

Simply an awesome album.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 28 2017, 22:16

I'm listening to Amarok as I write this. To me, not the least remarkable aspect of this towering achievement is the way wildly different emotions can segue without seeming even slightly incongruous. One minute there's infinite longing; the next there's the humour of the Jew's harp section.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Aug. 17 2011, 21:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net