Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I have my own Strat now!!!, and need a little advice< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
BOOsTER Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 18 2003, 10:05

http://www.rebirth.nd4spdworld.com/stuff/boostgt.jpg

Heyas you can see me with my guitar...
Anyway I have a lil problem...how can I use effects on the live input??? I mean I have got Amplitube (VST Version) and I would like to process the input from my guitar through it and play it back live...

anyone please gimme an advice...any software, tips...and so on...you know what I mean cyaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
ktran Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 18 2003, 14:52

Dude,

Amp and effects pedal :cool:

--------------
Khoa Tran
www.suspendedseconds.ca
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2003, 00:31

The only really good guitar effects program for the computer that I've heard of and used to use is Guitar FX Box. I don't know if you'll find it anywhere on the net anymore, though. However, I can hook you up with it if you'd like.

But I do agree with Ktran and think you should go out and buy a guitar amp and effects pedal. A good affordable pedal that works really well is the Zoom 505II (not 505...505II). It's more than enough to start out with and will keep you going for a while.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Watcher of the skies Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 19 2003, 04:26

that's right.i have a Fender Stratocaster too but the best thing is guitar effect and amp...i hate playing in switching guitar in computer and stuff like this.

--------------
Hillmen are swore of allegiance
living a live of silent dignity
for your protection
only so you don't worry...
your pretty little head!
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2003, 07:53

Hey guys,
thanks for advices I do agree that I should get amp and pedal :-/ but I don't have money for that at the moment so I am trying to find a temporary solution...

Brandon: thx for telling me about Guitar FX Box there is version 2.6 on http://www.guitar-fxbox.com/fxbox26.zip

--------------
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 19 2003, 11:48

It should be as simple as plugging the guitar via the line-in of your soundcard (but using something to match the impedance of the guitar's output to the line input - a DI box will do that, as will multi effects devices like the Zoom 505II mentioned previously). The rest is down to how your VST host works, but you ought to be able to route the signal through it somehow (and if not, you should be able to find a VST shell program which will let you run amplitube like a stand-alone program, and will hopefully let you route signals from the soundcard through it).

If you find the software route isn't for you, I'd actually suggest having a look at the Behringer V-Amp, which costs roughly twice as much as the Zoom 505II, but provides a large number of amplifier and speaker simulations, which would let your practise through any hi-fi amp/headphones/computer speakers, as well as allowing you to record the guitar direct, without having to suffer the horrid weedy sounds which you might otherwise get by plugging a guitar direct like that. You could also try the Line 6 Guitar Port, which needs a computer in order to work (the V-Amp will work on its own), but comes with teaching software as well, which you might find useful. There are also others, like the Line 6 Pod and Pod XT, but they're more expensive. I wouldn't pretend for a minute that such devices are perfect (some people would), and I'd still use a miked up amp for a lot of things (for me, nothing can beat the interaction between the guitar and amp when it's turned up to the point of feedback...but not everyone can get away with doing that, of course...), but I think these amp simulators are great practise tools, and they can give good sounds for recording as well, when used with care. They all come with a selection of effects as well as the amp simulations, so there's plenty to play around with.

It's quite good to have a little amp around though, they can be useful for all sorts of things (if you get one of those really tiny battery powered amps, you can run vocals through it to get a kind of telephone effect, and you can also drive them really hard with an external distortion pedal to get a sound a bit like Brian May's 'Deacy' amp - they're very fun, and not at all expensive, though I'd imagine you'll want something larger as well, or maybe you could use one alongside an amp simulator, or the amplitube amp sim software, so you have the little amp for those impromptu moments when you don't want to be plugging lots of equipment in, and the simulator for getting more serious sounds when you've got more time).

There are really lots of options, so there's plenty of opportunity to find the solution which is best for the way you want to play/work...and when it all gets too much, you'll realise why some people stick to playing acoustic guitars ;)
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2003, 12:27

at first thank you for really long and usefull reply Richard :)
I apreciate that very much :)
and hope I will be able to learn out to play (not good, but play lol)

--------------
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2003, 15:40

a little update about learning :))

I just learnt the solo from the finale of Tubular Bells :)
but I am still not comparable to Brandon or Richard :)
But I had first success :)))))))

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 20 2003, 19:48

but I am still not comparable to Brandon or Richard :)

Hopefully in the future you will be :).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2003, 09:05

Brandon: thx for your hopes :) btw catch me next time on msn I have the thing we talked about for you ;)

--------------
Profile PM 

Posted: Oct. 21 2003, 22:48

Actually, I got a hold of it myself, but thank you very much anyway for your effort :).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
10 replies since Oct. 18 2003, 10:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net