Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I have a Teensy Quibble, teeny-tiny, teensy-weensy< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 14 2007, 03:18

As much as I enjoy "Live at Montreux", I do have a small complaint... I would have preferred seeing less of the other musicians and more of the star attraction. But that is very greedy of me since we actually get quite a lot of Mike. If I'd been in charge, however, there'd have been almost constant coverage of Mike's hands, face, and snug-jeaned bootie (am I allowed to say that??). Then again, this may be a sign that I've developed an unhealthy obsession.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
onion Offline

Posted: May 14 2007, 05:29

Quote (Sweatpea @ May 14 2007, 09:18)
Then again, this may be a sign that I've developed an unhealthy obsession.

Yeah and you need to see a doctor about that...

Take 2 platinum tubular bells before you go into crises, then go to bed and call me in the morning.  :p

Mike

--------------
Are soft boiled eggs supposed to make a crunchy noise when you eat them?
Profile PM 
imhotep Offline

Posted: May 14 2007, 12:27

I think what is great about this DVD is the band feeling you get from watching it. The intimacy of the small group playing.

I do love watching Mike play though and I think it's just enough of him in there.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: May 14 2007, 13:47

The band is great and fun to watch. Tim Cross doesn't look too cool though (the sweater! the haircut! the front teeth!). But I guess they were hired for their musical abilities and nothing else.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: May 17 2007, 13:29

Quote (imhotep @ May 14 2007, 12:27)
I think what is great about this DVD is the band feeling you get from watching it. The intimacy of the small group playing.

Since getting "Montreux", I've also purchased the "Exposed" DVD. While I consider it to be valuable footage, it wasn't as enjoyable for me as "Montreux".

Tim Cross doesn't look too cool though
I'm a bit curious as to why he was the only one (besides Maggie) to not go shirtless for the last encore.

(PS: Onion, I expect that would put an end to any obsession - unhealthy or otherwise! )

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: May 17 2007, 15:16

Quote (Sweatpea @ May 17 2007, 13:29)
I'm a bit curious as to why he was the only one (besides Maggie) to not go shirtless for the last encore.

What would  you have thought about that idea;
"For the encore, let's take our shirts off! The ladies will love it!..."
I wouldn't have done it either  :laugh:

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
imhotep Offline

Posted: May 20 2007, 16:32

Quote (Sweatpea @ May 17 2007, 13:29)

Maybe he had massive acne on his torso?
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Sep. 21 2008, 08:52

I can't agree (with the OP, that is :) ). The band is on fire here. I was really impressed with everyone's performance.
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Sep. 21 2008, 12:40

The best bit of course was the bass at the start of Taurus.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2008, 07:58

The funniest thing for me is to compare the footage of Tim Cross from the Montreux to the Exposed DVD.In the Exposed stuff he can be seen with a HUGE 'tache and bouncing around like a complete loony.No offence to keyboardists but it just looks plain daft.
But what can you say about this DVD?Absolutely love it.I do love the angle feature on the Exposed DVD though.It would be cool to have this facility on the Montreux one too.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2008, 09:11

I remember when I saw Mike live,the only person I did care to see was him,even on the small clip I did during To France.I remember watching Tubular Bells from Night of the Proms DVD and it wasn't the same thing I saw...Mike getting into the stage,getting ready to play,his own performance...

I miss a camera just on Mike...a lot really.He's sooo interesting during his performance :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Ray Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2008, 13:12

Quote (Sweetpea @ May 17 2007, 18:29)

He did that shirt thing at the end of the exposed concert too - you better go and watch it again  :D  :D

Ray

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2008, 16:23

Quote (onion @ May 14 2007, 09:29)
Quote (Sweatpea @ May 14 2007, 09:18)
Then again, this may be a sign that I've developed an unhealthy obsession.

Yeah and you need to see a doctor about that...

Take 2 platinum tubular bells before you go into crises, then go to bed and call me in the morning.  :p

Mike

Also go anddance upon Hergest Ridge whilst listening to the Mike album of the same name, that's therapy   :)  :D  :cool: .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2008, 10:14

Quote (Sweetpea @ May 17 2007, 13:29)
Tim Cross doesn't look too cool though

Well he was wearing that very tasteful piano sweater after all!
Profile PM WEB 
13 replies since May 14 2007, 03:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net