Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: I butchered "Platinum"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 29 2008, 21:14

I edited the live recording of "Platinum" so I could listen to "Part 4" unencumbered by parts 1 through 3. Am I alone? Am I a horrible person??

(PS: It makes a great car-tune.)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2008, 21:59

Not at all. I used software to fade out Platinum studio ver. and various other MO stuff to splice together that file on the heavy metal mike thread. I like to hear the parts I like unfettered by the parts that bore me. Nobody's come to break my legs........yet.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2008, 07:59

Watch out Jim.The 'anti-edit' boys will be around soon!

Seiously though why not?I've got a tape of my interpretation of the best bits of TB (basically all the bits of ALL the versions that i like and weren't included on the compilation of the same name) which i still love.If it works for you and sweetpea then it doesn't make you a bad person. :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2008, 15:01

Thanks, guys. That makes me feel better, though now I'm a little embarrassed by my plea for validation. Still, I'll sleep better for not imagining phantom edit-police lurking in my closet.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 01 2008, 15:08

I'd find it embarrassing to see people condemning the "HERETICS!" that do that kind of editing, but I can imagine a rather fun way of poking fun at that: someone editing together, say, the verses of Moonlight Shadow and No Dream with the chorus of Family man and Flying Start, the guitar solo from Crime of Passion and the coda of To France.

And then you put it on YouTube just for the moment you see the number of page views is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!

(I needed to do this joke somewhere here)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2008, 21:10

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ Sep. 01 2008, 15:08)
I'd find it embarrassing to see people condemning the "HERETICS!" that do that kind of editing, but I can imagine a rather fun way of poking fun at that: someone editing together, say, the verses of Moonlight Shadow and No Dream with the chorus of Family man and Flying Start, the guitar solo from Crime of Passion and the coda of To France.

And then you put it on YouTube just for the moment you see the number of page views is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!

(I needed to do this joke somewhere here)

Mike himself probably wouldn't disapprove, given that he provided us with the opportunity to "mix as we please" those tracks on Light and Shade.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2008, 02:46

For once Sir Mustapha i agree.What a brilliant idea!!!! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
gths Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2009, 02:43

That's OK. I once mashed up "God Save The Queen" with the bell finale from TB for a deeply ironic joke.

In case you're wondering, I made it go
"GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!!" *dong dong dong dong*
"SHE AIN'T NO HUMAN BEING" *dong dong dong dong*
etc.
Profile PM 
7 replies since Aug. 29 2008, 21:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net