Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hypothetical and Funny, Cover versions< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 12 2018, 23:18

It's amusing to permute various artists and their works... I was trying to come up with the funniest one I could, like Fine Young Cannibals doing a cover version of "Hungry Eyes", or "Barbra Streisand sings Rage Against the Machine". Any other humorous takers?  :)
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Oct. 17 2018, 14:31

I always wished that Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft did an entire album of Alice Cooper covers and called it "Alice ist gut".

Not many ppl get the joke though.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Oct. 17 2018, 19:27

That sort of title is funny in a more subtle way too: stodgy and laconic and assertive it reminds me of the German episode in Fawlty Towers!

Another funny one that occurred to me: Montserrat Caballe of course did a duet with Freddy Mercury... just imagine if she'd been pressured to do a follow up with a cover of "Fat Bottomed Girls"  :O  :laugh:
Profile PM 
omgmo Offline

Posted: Oct. 18 2018, 21:57

I will not be very original.

I wonder if Rage Against the Machine could ever feel like women in love do. Or just one of them.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2018, 06:20

I had an image of said Barbra singing "F*ck you! I won't do what you tell me!"  :O

Another funny album would be "Dusty Springfield sings Rick Springfield". "I only want to be with Jesse's Girl" could be the single.
:D
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2018, 20:30

How about Frank Sinatra, instead of singing "Little Green Apples", sings "Diamond Hard Blue Apples of the Moon"?

"Do be do be do The transplant circles Round the heads of all the heroes"  :laugh:
Profile PM 
omgmo Offline

Posted: April 03 2019, 03:41

For the first time, Rainbow (their current lineup) join Curved Air, to perform ―what else?― Terry Riley's "A Rainbow in Curved Air", in celebration of its 50th anniversary! :laugh:
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 03 2019, 07:21

:cool:  I remember Terry Riley teamed up with John Cale on Church of Anthrax so maybe that's not so farfetched!

Tangentially to this topic it's amusing how a new band can get free publicity by adopting something already in the public eye. "The Police" is an obvious example, "Hatfield and the North" are another, but my favourite is "Heaven 17", a recording of which appears in the record shop scene in A Clockwork Orange. A particularly desperate singing wannabee could call himself "Tweedy Teentwirp" - already mentioned some years ago on this forum - and get himself free publicity courtesy of the Uncle Scrooge comic!

Profile PM 
omgmo Offline

Posted: June 16 2019, 16:52

Some potential supergroups (you never know):

-Modern Talking Heads
-Rage Against Florence and The Machine

(Nice topic.)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 16 2019, 19:49

Actually I've never listened to Florence and the Machine - I have no idea whether they're any good or not.

One funny possibility would be for someone to do a vocoder version of Paul Simon's "You can Call me Al" and rename it "You can  call me AI" (Artificial Intelligence).
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: June 17 2019, 04:37

Cheese levels increasing. :D Neil Young did a very similar thing though with Sample and Hold.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 17 2019, 07:10

Quote (First_Excursion @ June 17 2019, 04:37)
Cheese levels increasing.

Camembert electrique...
Gong...
Which brings us back to Mike.

On the subject of Neil Young, his doing a Kraftwerk influenced album would seem as likely as The Eagles Sing Transvision Vamp  :)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2019, 05:59

Perhaps there could be a mild tribute band of Rage Against the Machine called Remonstrate Politely with the Machine  :D
Profile PM 
12 replies since Oct. 12 2018, 23:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net