Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: httpMusic From The Darkness & On Tour book reissue, Anyone got any info on where issued?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
SimonUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 19 2006, 07:37

I recently got this book on Ebay & have seen 2 others on ebay over the last 3 weeks. Full title is "The Complete Mike Oldfield. Music From The Darkness & On Tour" by Peter Evans. I have not received my copy yet but the seller told me it is dated 2005 and published by Megamusic. I cannot find any info on the internet about it. I was informed by Chris at Dark Star that Peter had sold the rights to the Music From The Darkness book, so I am guessing that whoever he sold them to has reissued it last year in this form combined with the On Tour book. Seems strange that it has taken a year to emerge any copies on Ebay. I used to have Peter Evans email address but cannot find it as I was going to see what light he could shed on it. If anyone has any info on the origins of the book including how many printed I would be grateful. For those of you who wish to see the cover here is the link to the 1st one I saw on Ebay   http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....&ih=005

--------------
"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live"
(Josh Homme, from Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Go With The Flow').
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2006, 09:32

Hi SimonUK,

I have just received mine.

Here are the informations that I can see inside:

Megamusic
Highland books
2 High Pines
Godalming
Surrey
GU7 2EP

Copyright Peter Evans 2001
Prinited in Great Britain by B.B.F Press, Hammersmith

As you live in UK, maybe you'll get some informations with this adress....

By the way, the photos are not very good.

Regards

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2006, 08:07

I have been on the telephone to the guy who owns Highland Books, but he knows nothing about it & cannot understand why their details are mentioned. He said he will try to find out about  the book and let me know if he finds any info. on it. Will keepyou posted
:/

--------------
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2006, 15:22

Oh dear, what is going on here?
£52 for a £10 book!
What could possibly have been added to make this so attractive? I have a spare copy or two of Peter's original book and would be delighted to get that much but if anybody wants to pay a more reasonable sum then please get in touch. If Peter has sold his rights to the book then I want a percentage as some of his information came from me.

Can somebody tell me what the "On tour" section is, apart from a set of dates.
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2006, 07:58

Update:
I've just sent SimonUK my only spare copy of the original book so it will not be long before we know the differences between the two issues.
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2006, 09:29

I now have both versions of the book. MANY THANKS to Airbourne for selling me  his spare copy of the original. I have been after this for a long time. The main differences between the 2 are as follows:
1) Original has larger pictures (most are full page).
2) Original has a discography, the reissue does not.
3) The reissue has the rather excellant 'On Tour' section not in the original which has Mikes tour dates from Cambridge Folk Festival in 1968 to the Millennium gig, together with a bit of history for each tour including unusual & unique tracks played.
4) Totally different covers.

Soooo although the main text of Music from The Darkness is the same, both books are quite unique in their own way.

Mystery solved!! Thanks for the info from yanouch65

--------------
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2006, 09:31

I forgot to mention, it appears the reissue was printed in Italy. A guy from Italy won the rights to Peter's book on ebay last year.

--------------
Profile PM 
6 replies since Nov. 19 2006, 07:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net