Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HR + Ommadawn reissue details confirmed< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubular_trekkie Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 27 2010, 12:10

75 quid?!! For each set? Plus p+p presumably as well.

Nope, I don't think so  :/  Too rich for my blood and I'm far from convinced that the 'service' will be any more reliable this time!!
I'm not too impressed with the update to the official site either. Looks like it's going to stay in the same style with the emphasis still on Tubular Bells as the 'brand look'. Shame, as I personally think it looks a bit crappy  :p

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 12:18

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ April 27 2010, 17:03)
Where from ?

Not here yet

Odd. It looks like the TB2009 site is back to being:
http://www.tubularbells2009.com/
rather than just the official MO site. You can apparently order it from the shop over there.

I'm really getting confused now with these different URLs. I wonder what's going on?

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 12:25

Now www.mikeoldfieldofficial.com stands alone from TB2009 site. It is a provisional page that leads you to the official Universal MO Shop. They say there will be an overhaul of this site in the next few days,...
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 12:41

Quote (Nacho @ April 27 2010, 17:25)
Now www.mikeoldfieldofficial.com stands alone from TB2009 site. It is a provisional page that leads you to the official Universal MO Shop. They say there will be an overhaul of this site in the next few days,...

I await a revamp with bated breath then. :)

Although it's interesting that the TB2009 site has the news of the new releases on its home page and also has the links to the official Universal shop for MO. I'm puzzled as to why they'd bother adding that stuff if they then intend to completely re-do the content and/or style anyway as the official mikeoldfield.com. Bizarre.

--------------

Profile PM 
Elf Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 12:58

Just ordered my signed copies. Hopefully we will actually get limited editions this time. Not a certificate saying "Number ___ out of 250"

Well, I took the bait. Now I just have to find the money :)
Profile PM 
El Mystico Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 12:59

oh yes it is...

Both ordered.

and having had no problems with my TB order, feeling fairly confident....but wish there had been some acknowledgement of the problems with that, and a suggestion that it wouldnt happen again....
Profile PM 
Opus 1 Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 13:10

Are these actually hand signed individually? Or is it just a master copy that's been signed and made into multiple prints?

--------------
The mark of a skilled musician is to be able to play one note and mean it, not play zillions of notes and not mean it.

(www.myspace.com/markmonaghan)
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBeach Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 13:56

Hi. tubular friends!
I also ordered my two special edition copies, although they are quite expensive. :/   This time, I really hope that the mailing and the packaging will be done properly and all the 250 copies will arrive in mint condition at the correct destinations.  I wish...
Regards, Klaus

--------------
"I used to think the world was broken down by tribes,' I said. 'By Black and White. By Indian and White. But I know this isn't true. The world is only broken into two tribes: the people who are assholes and the people who are not."
— Sherman Alexie
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 27 2010, 14:00

I bought both limited editions. They would have kept the old Hergest Ridge cover, I would have bought none:
- Ommadawn is my favorite music of all time, but the cover is not my favorite
- I don't listen to Hergest Ridge (not that I hate it, but I don't get hooked, gliding along the ridge forever without being stopped), but I like the new cover
So I'll display them together. I wouldn't just put on the wall the Ommadawn cover for some reason, perhaps because it looks too spiritual or something. But with the new Hergest Ridge besides it, I think it's great.
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 14:22

lucky me i ordered also both signeds

wondering if that signed edition will be in somekind box since i dont see any outer box in site image...and it even says "box set"

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Haegar Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 14:25

I ordered both, hope the delivery will be as smooth as TB. I really love Ommadawn, and i´m looking forward to a new Hergest Ridge experience as this album is not one of my favourites.
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 14:51

Quote (Elf @ April 27 2010, 16:58)
Just ordered my signed copies. Hopefully we will actually get limited editions this time. Not a certificate saying "Number ___ out of 250"

I did order my signed copies and crossing my fingers to get a proper signed numbered edition this time.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 14:55

Blimey, you guys must be made of money!

I sincerely hope the sets reach everyone without any glitches this time anyway. Considering what they're charging they bloody well ought to  ;)

--------------

Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 14:59

I just ordered the deluxe editions. My wife knows nothing about this!  :/
The framed prints made me decide. They will fit just perfectly on the wall in my studio.
Lars T

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 15:06

Quote (hairy old hippy @ April 27 2010, 11:04)
I'm not too sure that Mike was all that pleased with Steve Hillage's guitar on [The Orchestral Hergest Ridge]. Now I'm a big fan of Steve Hillage but even I don't think his guitar quite works, he rocks out and widdles too much, it works superbly on the Gong records but it sounds a bit out of place on Hergest Ridge.

Well, I totally agree with that. In fact, I feel it would have been better without any guitar at all (like most of OTB was). Still, OHR is an interesting document of its time, if nothing else.
Profile PM 

Posted: April 27 2010, 15:17

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ April 27 2010, 18:55)
Blimey, you guys must be made of money!

I sincerely hope the sets reach everyone without any glitches this time anyway. Considering what they're charging they bloody well ought to  ;)

For me,Mike is the only artist nowadays that I make an effort to buy such exclusive products like these signed limited editions. And my birthday present as well  :cool:

BTW,hope that there are planning to have some merchandaise as well,I miss not having a MO mug in my extensive mug collection ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 27 2010, 15:19

I believe it's a different company handling the orders this time - we're promised that the problems of last time won't be repeated. Fingers crossed!

We had a brief moment of confusion over whether the store was officially supposed to exist or not (we were told it would be ready at the end of the week, but not to announce anything yet...), but now that's all cleared up, I've put up a new announcement so that everyone who follows our news via Twitter, RSS or Facebook ought to know about it. Let's hope there's less disappointment this time around!
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 15:30

Quote (Korgscrew @ April 27 2010, 20:19)
I believe it's a different company handling the orders this time - we're promised that the problems of last time won't be repeated. Fingers crossed!

Let's hope there's less disappointment this time around!

Bandstores/CID have been junked then?

That is good news I fancy for everyone ordering anything from the official store: hopefully the service will be a little bit more professional this time.

Sadly though I'm doubtful whether there will be less disappointment generally amongst the fan community. Not because of the poor service (we hope), but more as a result of there being less 'product'. Only 250 lucky punters per album this time...

--------------

Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 15:36

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ April 27 2010, 20:17)
BTW,hope that there are planning to have some merchandaise as well,I miss not having a MO mug in my extensive mug collection ;)

Mugs and t-shirts are more in my price range  :laugh:

However, I don't find the artwork quite as iconic or as attractive as some of the other albums, so I'm not too fussed. It's probably not sci-fi enough for me! lol

--------------

Profile PM 

Posted: April 27 2010, 15:41

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ April 27 2010, 19:30)
Quote (Korgscrew @ April 27 2010, 20:19)

Let's hope there's less disappointment this time around!

Bandstores/CID have been junked then?

Seems to be that it is a different store this time,the same that sells albums/merch stuff to other Universal artists,hope that their service is going to be much better this time.

Luckly I now live in England and I don't need to pay any extras regarding postage...I'm sure that it would cost about 20 quid to send to my home in Brazil!

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
82 replies since April 26 2010, 08:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net