Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HR + Ommadawn reissue details confirmed< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 26 2010, 08:55

Mercury/Universal has now confirmed the details of the upcoming re-releases of Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn, scheduled for release on June 7th.

Both will be available as single disc, 3 disc (2 CD + DVD) deluxe, vinyl and digital download editions. There will also be limited edition sets of each album, comprising a deluxe edition, an LP and a framed, signed print of the album artwork. Only 250 copies will be produced of each, which will be sold through mikeoldfieldofficial.com.

In addition to new mixes by Mike Oldfield, the deluxe and download editions will also include demo versions of the albums. The Hergest Ridge Deluxe Edition also includes the original 1974 album mix. Both deluxe editions include a DVD with new 5.1 mixes by Mike Oldfield.

In addition, Hergest Ridge will have new artwork, based on Google Earth/Bluesky photographs of the ridge.

Hergest Ridge Deluxe Edition artwork

Ommadawn Deluxe Edition artwork

Full press release, including track listings, in the next post in the forum topic for this news item.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 08:58

Mercury/Universal Press Release

Mike Oldfield
Hergest Ridge
Ommadawn

Mercury June 7th 2010

After the success of TUBULAR BELLS and THE MIKE OLDFIELD COLLECTION in 2009, Mercury are delighted to announce that Mike Oldfield’s reissue programme continues with two stunning 2010 mixes of two of his best-loved works, HERGEST RIDGE and OMMADAWN to be released on June 7th  2010.

Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn have been mixed, approved and authorised by Mike Oldfield himself. Both albums are released in a Single Disc Edition, A Deluxe Edition (a 2 Disc plus DVD set),  in digital form and as A Back to Black vinyl version.  A Limited Signed Framed print edition which is only available through mikeoldfieldofficial.com.

Originally released in 1974, Hergest Ridge was the follow-up to 1973’s groundbreaking debut, Tubular Bells. It gave Oldfield his first UK No.1 album, and was actually knocked off the UK top spot by Tubular Bells itself. It is another lengthy suite, reflecting the glory of the countryside Oldfield had secluded himself in following his early global success. Hergest Ridge is on the English-Welsh border near the town of Kington. A stunning new 2010 mix highlights the nuances of the work. Also found in research for the album was Oldfield’s original demos, never before heard.

Also noteworthy is the album’s new cover. Oldfield was never happy with the album’s original fish-eyed lens picture of his glider on the top of Hergest Ridge. Armed with the brief of a redesign, Oldfield’s team struck upon the idea of using a Google Earth/Bluesky image of Ridge itself, and the surrounding countryside. It forever links the area and the music – further enhanced by the album’s booklet, Walking The Hergest Ridge – A Guide To Rambling and the Story Behind The Music It Inspired.

Originally released in November 1975, Ommadawn, remains one of Oldfield’s favourite works. Recorded at his then home at Hergest Ridge, it again took the form of two lengthy suites of music, but here there are added Irish and African influences. Oldfield looked towards composition on traditional instruments; It is affecting music that acted as a precursor to the new age musical movement. Featuring folk legends Clodagh Simons and Paddy Moloney as well as African drummers, Jabula, Ommadawn is a work of great beauty, and like Hergest Ridge before it, established the fact that there was much more to Mike Oldfield than Tubular Bells. The album, with its new 2010 mix by Oldfield himself, also contains the original demo, thought lost and the perennial Christmas favourite, In Dulci Jubilo.

Each DVD features 5.1 surround sound mixes by Oldfield. Ommadawn adds the original promo videos for In Dulci Jubilo and Portsmouth.

HERGEST RIDGE

Single Disc Edition:

Hergest Ridge (Part One) 2010 Stereo Mix by Mike Oldfield
Hergest Ridge (Part Two) 2010 Stereo Mix by Mike Oldfield
In Dulci Jubilo (for Maureen)
Spanish Tune

Deluxe Edition:

CD ONE:

In Dulci Jubilo (for Maureen)
Spanish Tune

CD TWO:

Hergest Ridge (Part One) 1974 Stereo Mix
Hergest Ridge (Part Two) 1974 Stereo Mix
Hergest Ridge (1974 Demo Part One)
Hergest Ridge (1974 Demo Part Two)

DVD:

Hergest Ridge (Part One) 2010 5.1 Stereo Mix by Mike Oldfield
Hergest Ridge (Part Two) 2010 5.1 Stereo Mix by Mike Oldfield

Back To Black Edition Vinyl Edition:

Limited Signed, Framed print edition (Available through mikeoldfieldofficial.com):

DELUXE EDITION CD/DVD SET AND BACK TO BLACK VINYL WITH NUMBERED FRAMED PRINT OF COVER ART WORK, SIGNED BY MIKE OLDFIELD – STRICTLY LIMITED TO 250 WORLDWIDE. AVAILABLE JUNE 14 2010

Digital Edition:

OMMADAWN

Single Disc Edition:

Ommadawn (Part One) 2010 Stereo Mix by Mike Oldfield
Ommadawn (Part Two)/On Horseback 2010 Stereo Mix by Mike Oldfield

Deluxe Edition:

CD ONE:

In Dulci Jubilo
First Excursion
Argiers
Portsmouth

CD TWO:

Ommadawn Part One 1975 Stereo Mix
Ommadawn (Part Two)/On Horseback 1975 Stereo Mix
Ommadawn (Lost Version) 1975 Demo

DVD:

Ommadawn (Part One) 2010 5.1 Stereo Mix by Mike Oldfield
Ommadawn (Part Two)/On Horseback 2010 5.1 Stereo Mix by Mike Oldfield
In Dulci Jubilo
Portsmouth

Back To Black Vinyl Edition:

Limited Signed, Framed print edition (Available through mikeoldfieldofficial.com):

DELUXE EDITION CD/DVD SET AND BACK TO BLACK VINYL WITH NUMBERED FRAMED PRINT OF COVER ART WORK, SIGNED BY MIKE OLDFIELD – STRICTLY LIMITED TO 250 WORLDWIDE. AVAILABLE JUNE 14 2010

Digital Edition:

In Dulci Jubilo
First Excursion
Argiers
Portsmouth
Ommadawn (Lost Version) 1975 Demo
Profile PM 
RoguePlanetoid Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 26 2010, 09:59

I think if they'd included a glider in that Hergest Ridge package no-one would have believed it. Any idea when the sets will be on sale, or a signup system like for Tubular Bells?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 10:34

The packages seem interesting...another birthday present for me (LOL) :D

I've never been a fan of HR cover,but this brand new one...they should have put as part of the CD booklet,but not as a cover.

Hope that this time they can properly sell those limited signed framed edition without all the huge mistakes from last year with TB Ultimate Edition...I haven't forgot my signed,non-number certificate from TB,since I'm a huge Ommadawn fan,I'm really considering to buy the limited signed framed edition of it and have a proper numbered edition  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 10:54

2010 remixes indicate to me some tinkering has taken place so it could be a little interesting to hear the Results... All the rest is a bit of fluff really.. :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 11:07

Is it a mistake, or how could it be that a Deluxe Version does not contain Spanish Tune and IDJ for Maureen?  :O

Although I really don't care as I am going to buy all editions!!  :p
Profile PM 
spark Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 11:18

Looking forward to the extras on both but Ltd Edition signed print ????

Think we"ve seen this all before !!!!!!!

I will stick to the delux and let everyone else suffer over the boxed set .
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 11:30

I'm not sure if I like this new art of the Remastered HR cover. I loved the original one... Bootleg the dog and the blue sky really makes that 70's atmosphere.

Thank heavens they didn't remade the Ommadawn cover with a recent picture of Mike with beard!! ;)  (no offense Mike!!! )

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 11:46

Quote (Nacho @ April 26 2010, 16:07)
Is it a mistake, or how could it be that a Deluxe Version does not contain Spanish Tune and IDJ for Maureen?  :O

That has to be a mistake surely - this was flagged on another thread here as Amazon gave the same listing. IDJ For Maureen and Spanish Tune were originally on the Deluxe Edition and then changed recently to the single disc edition.

Korgscrew ?! :/
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 11:48

While I like the new HR sleeve, I agree with Tati that this should have been used in the booklet - that's our Mike though. ;)
Profile PM 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 11:55

I hope this will be the Deluxe Hergest Ridge, otherwise I will feel like a milkcow
Quote (Korgscrew @ April 26 2010, 14:58)
HERGEST RIDGE
Deluxe Edition:

CD ONE:
In Dulci Jubilo (for Maureen) !!!!!
Spanish Tune !!!!!

CD TWO:

DVD:
Hergest Ridge (Part One) 2010 5.1 Stereo Mix by Mike Oldfield
Hergest Ridge (Part Two) 2010 5.1 Stereo Mix by Mike Oldfield

Can anyone inform about this?

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
Nacho Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 12:12

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ April 26 2010, 17:48)
While I like the new HR sleeve, I agree with Tati that this should have been used in the booklet - that's our Mike though. ;)

I suppose that somewhere in the booklet, the old cover will appear. That gives more value to my japanese minilp edition, that will be the only cd edition with the original cover typeset (but no original mix, what a mess!!;)  :D
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 13:11

Quote (Nacho @ April 26 2010, 16:12)
That gives more value to my japanese minilp edition, that will be the only cd edition with the original cover typeset (but no original mix, what a mess!!;)  :D

You could always take disc 2 from the deluxe edition and put it in the mini LP sleeve, that would be closer ;)

The track listing is exactly as it appears in the press release. I'll check to make sure that what they sent us is correct.
Profile PM 
tsar.nathan Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 13:16

Think I'll go for the hergest ridge deluxe edition. I'd love to hear the demo versions :)

--------------
http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=tsar.nathan
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 13:23

Although I probably should know better, I think, like Tati, I will try and lay my hands on a proper signed edition this time...
As a matter of fact, wouldn't it be great if Mercury decided to give us the first shot... Nope, that wouldn't be fair to other people....   ;)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 13:35

It's been confirmed it was a mistake in the press release - In Dulci Jubilo (for Maureen) and Spanish Tune will indeed be included on the deluxe edition.

I've edited the press release with the new information.
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 14:17

Signed and framed cover artwork? Strictly limited to 250 copies?

Okay... Here we go again...
So how much are they gonna charge for that I wonder? :O
Really not sure I want to be ripped off again, especially as I'm fairly lukewarm on the cover art of these two particular albums. (Now if it was Crises or TSODE artwork I'd be far more tempted! )

Deluxe editions from Play/Amazon seem the safest option, at any rate  :p

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 14:19

Quote (Korgscrew @ April 26 2010, 18:35)
It's been confirmed it was a mistake in the press release - In Dulci Jubilo (for Maureen) and Spanish Tune will indeed be included on the deluxe edition.

I've edited the press release with the new information.

Many thanks - as ever - Korgscrew  :D
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 14:52

Quote (Reena @ April 26 2010, 17:23)
Although I probably should know better, I think, like Tati, I will try and lay my hands on a proper signed edition this time...

As a matter of fact, wouldn't it be great if Mercury decided to give us the first shot... Nope, that wouldn't be fair to other people....   ;)

All those people who were affected with TB signed ultimate edition which have got in contact with Tubular.net to sort things out should have some sort of decent and fair compensation regarding HR and Ommadawn limited signed frames deluxe editions  :cool:

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: April 26 2010, 16:35

I wonder when mikeoldfieldofficial will be up dated? Still showing the TB2009 site.

But if I was a teenage girly I would be going "squeeee!" about now, being a mid-40 old grumpy man I couldn't possibly get that excited.

*squeeee!!!*

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
82 replies since April 26 2010, 08:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net