Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HR + Ommadawn limited editions available to order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Anaon Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 28 2010, 16:24

I just ordered Ommadawn limited edition box set as it's one of my fav album of all time :)

A stupid question : Is it really signed by the man himself or is just printed?

Thanks

--------------
> My music: http://www.spleenarcana.com
> My blog: http://www.awenwoods.com
Profile PM WEB 
zoda Offline

Posted: April 28 2010, 16:32

Here also only "More Info..."
:/
Profile PM 
BeeNBee Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 03:02

If they are already out of stock that's even better for me. I don't have to suffer any more hesitating whether to buy this much overpriced goodie or not.  
75 pounds ( !!! ) is like my weekly salary :/ [poor student]

Anyway will be happy with both Deluxe editions :) as for the LP I can always buy it later when it's cheaper and make myself a print of the artwork go to Bahamas and ask Mike to sign it! ;D

--------------
" Michal Kochamy Cie! " - Katowice 1999
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 03:51

Damn, have they all gone! Oh well I'll settle for the Deluxe £14.99 versions - that's not a bad price for 2 CDs and a DVD. Seems like CDs get cheaper these days, like plasma TVs.

I LOVE Ommadawn and Hergest Ridge.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 05:22

wiga they are available to add to basket again i got mine this morning, some were ordering multiple copies maybe they have kicked them back. get in and order quick... they won't last for long... :)  :D
Profile PM 
HRFanUSA Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 10:08

Just ordered the Hergest Ridge edition and am still in shock over the price! Still, if it's one of 250 I'll be happy as this is one of my most favorite albums of all time. If this one comes in as badly as the Ultimate TB I'll call my credit card company and make an issue of it - so it better be every bit as good as they're advertising!!!

I'm miffed over the comment "Mike didn't like the original fish-eye LP cover artwork." I personally think it's classic and am disappointed with the new cover. Why can't people leave great things alone?
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 10:45

Quote (HRFanUSA @ April 29 2010, 10:08)
I'm miffed over the comment "Mike didn't like the original fish-eye LP cover artwork." I personally think it's classic and am disappointed with the new cover. Why can't people leave great things alone?

Well he doesn't care much for the music either (or any of his albums other than Tubular Bells!;), so I'm glad he took the time to re-mix the music. I think the original cover was excentric but not fantastic.
I just hope there aren't a bunch of overdubs on the new mix!
Lars T

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 11:31

Quote (larstangmark @ April 29 2010, 10:45)
[quote=HRFanUSA,April 29 2010, 10:08]I'm miffed over the comment "Mike didn't like the original fish-eye LP cover artwork." I personally think it's classic ......quote]
...I just hope there aren't a bunch of overdubs on the new mix!
Lars T

here here to both of those comments!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 13:22

I've just noticed Amazon UK are now listing the Limited Editions ........ PRICED AT £71.99 !!!!!!!

:(  :laugh:
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 13:38

Quote (HuanCry @ April 29 2010, 18:22)
I've just noticed Amazon UK are now listing the Limited Editions ........ PRICED AT £71.99 !!!!!!!

:O
Er, I wonder how that works then?
Must be some sort of over-zealous Amazon cock-up surely? I didn't think you could buy them from anywhere but the official site. :O
£71.99 is still a bit pricey though. (Although it's a good deal less than the official price considering you get free delivery too - in the UK at any rate.)

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 13:46

Looks like a repeat of the Tubular Bells Ultimate Fiasco... I hope not, just in case remember to thank Mike Oldfield's Marketing Team should it descend into chaos... :laugh:
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 13:50

Or it could be a Limited Edition with "Walking the Hergest Ridge" book, but without the signed framed art cover.
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 13:57

Quote (Nacho @ April 29 2010, 18:50)
Or it could be a Limited Edition with "Walking the Hergest Ridge" book, but without the signed framed art cover.

Possibly, although it would then be extremely overpriced, wouldn't you say?

Just out of curiosity, I'll be interested to see if (a) the listing stays there and (b) whether Amazon update the product details and provide an image...

Edited to add:
BTW, has anyone noticed that the frame colour has now changed on the limited edition prints? I was over on mike-oldfield.es and someone mentioned that fact. Puzzled as to why it might have been changed ???

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Profile PM 
RoguePlanetoid Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 14:49

Would have been nice if there was an unsigned ultimate edition like with Tubular Bells, I was out the night this was released so had no chance, would have got an unsigned edition at the very least!
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 14:49

Dondake!
They changed the collor again!
In the morning it was wooden brown.
When I clicked the zoom button it changed to steel.
Now it is black?
DONDAKE!

Gimme back the brown collor. It goes much better to my table and speakers.  :p
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 14:50

I just can't justify spending this kind of money on music that I already know so well - the differences will be quite minimal in the end.  But its great that so many people here are excited about it, I wish I was too really.  If it were 20 years ago i would have jumped at it (although I wouldn't have been able to afford it)

Actually regarding HRidge, that moronic loud "philip glass" section on side 2 has been edited out of my version for years coz I can't stand it.  I'm not buying that again, even ONCE!  Although the tune 9 minutes into part 1 has to be one of MO's most beautiful moments.....
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 15:18

Quote (Black Bunik @ April 29 2010, 19:49)
Dondake!
They changed the collor again!
In the morning it was wooden brown.
When I clicked the zoom button it changed to steel.
Now it is black?
DONDAKE!

Gimme back the brown collor. It goes much better to my table and speakers.  :p

The plot thickens...

--------------

Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 29 2010, 23:08

Talking about Hergest Ridge,I was yesterday with a friend that I' haven't seen in ages at my favorite pub here in Sao Paulo and all of a sudden I listened to a very familiar tune on the soundsystem...it was Hergest Ridge Part 1 in its full version...pity that I couldn't find the owner (who is Irish) to congrat him for that  ;)

It was priceless !

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: April 30 2010, 02:17

Quote (HuanCry @ April 29 2010, 19:22)

Hey Mr Korgscrew, could you give us any info about this please?

Are they the same Box sets as Universal are selling but unsigned?

:/

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
nickko Offline

Posted: April 30 2010, 02:57

Not only this limited edition is obviously cheaper on Amazon
but the deluxe edition is also cheaper, not counting shipping (19 € to go from London to Paris without tracker is horribly expensive)! I am a big fan of both albums, the album I'll carry away on a desert island is Ommadawn and I enjoyed Hergest Ridge increasingly over time. I look forward to a deluxe edition of Incantations and QE2 to be splendid in 5.1!
Profile PM 
534 replies since April 27 2010, 15:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net