Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HR + Ommadawn limited editions available to order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 892 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 04 2010, 18:51

I kinda regret not buying the HR & Ommadawn reissues, but my money is better spent on music I don't already have (I don't own his entire discography yet).
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 04 2010, 21:19

I got both inc delivery for AU$60 not bad at all ,now just a 2 week wait for the post :(
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 05:18

Just recieved an email from Universal with this fantastic message:

"We're sorry about this, but there is a delay with an item in your order (XXXXXXX). Ommadawn by Mike Oldfield has been held up and is unlikely to be with you on its release date. We're doing everything in our power to get it to you as fast as possible."

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
spark Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 05:37

Ommadawn 5.1 .

Well done Mike , a new mix in 5.1 thats nothing like the sq quad version that nearly got released a few years back on dvd audio .

A fine mix with most vocals and rythym guitars in the rear speakers.

In the begining of part two the synths are very lush and more detailed and nicely fade to the rear speakers which was cool .

On Horseback sounds great with Mikes vocal much clearer .

The lost Ommadawn I found as a real treat but I cant see why he would have overdubed those stupid jokes at the end , seems to me he was going to dump it anyway .

Overal a fine collection , roll on Incantations !!
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 05:49

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ June 05 2010, 12:18)
Just recieved an email from Universal with this fantastic message:

"We're sorry about this, but there is a delay with an item in your order (XXXXXXX). Ommadawn by Mike Oldfield has been held up and is unlikely to be with you on its release date. We're doing everything in our power to get it to you as fast as possible."

Same here... sigh.
Profile PM 
TubularBeach Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 06:40

i just received the same e-mail... :zzz: let's wait and see :cool:

--------------
"I used to think the world was broken down by tribes,' I said. 'By Black and White. By Indian and White. But I know this isn't true. The world is only broken into two tribes: the people who are assholes and the people who are not."
— Sherman Alexie
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 06:41

i was like what the hell when i saw email from universal and subject "Sorry... there is a problem with your order." i automatically thought something problem with payment.

that email was related to my 2nd order but havent received anything about my first order.

edit: btw it was about problem related to Ommadawn

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Bell Boy Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 08:24

Just had the same email.....
Universal are having a laugh!!!!!!!

They have had 2 months to sort this out.....All the promos have gone out ,cos people are discussing it hear.....

You pay £150 for these and your kept waiting when everyone else is getting theirs...

Tubular Bells fiasco again !!!!!!!..... not a happy bunny.......
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 09:12

TUBULAR BELLS FIASCO AGAIN.....

:/

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 09:17

Well, they still have nine days to release our Deluxe Ltd orders as they promised, from June 14th. But this message is not a very good sign. The strange thing is that some people have received messages about problems with HR and other people (the majority, like me) about Ommadawn...

Let's see...  :(
Profile PM 
Anaon Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 09:47

How such things can happen with a huge company like Universal? Smaller inde labels manage this better it seems  :O

--------------
> My music: http://www.spleenarcana.com
> My blog: http://www.awenwoods.com
Profile PM WEB 
leesonar Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 10:18

Ireland should have been able to buy these on friday, as they release them over there then. I sincerely hope that 33 copies are not released by the Mike Oldfield merchandising team to amazon again this time, otherwize some people will be severely disappointed... yet again. :/
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 10:28

To clarify things, the copies I have are the commercial releases - not promos, so the problem may be an Amazon / online  one rather than Universals. Irish releases are mostly the Friday before the UK. BTW the 4 or so copies in both HMV stores in Limerick sold out in minutes. 4 copies ?! I mean geez come on ...  :)

Anyway HR:

2010 5.1 - Urgh
2010 Stereo - OK at least the guitar coda at the end Part 2 is audible, but that extra strumming acoustic during the 'sleigh bells' section is horrible   :(

I'll be holding on to my Boxed HR - still my favourite take on that album.

The liner notes say that 'Spanish Tune' was a remixed edit of the end of Part 2. I've listened to both and I'm convinced it's just a straight fade-in edit of Part 2 1974 mix from 2'28 to 5'38.

Pedantic or what ?

Well worth waiting for everyone, especially the HR 1974 mix, demos and the 'Lost Ommadawn'.
I'll be interested in hearing the views of people in the UK when it hits shops there on Monday.   :D
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 10:45

I've got the same e-mail referred above for HR. Yes, I feel a strong smell of TB fiasco once again. :/

@ Anaon: the bigger the company, the more chances they have for absolute disaster. Small companies = fewer artists = fewer people listening to them = better service. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Anaon Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 11:40

Quote (Ugo @ June 05 2010, 11:45)
I've got the same e-mail referred above for HR. Yes, I feel a strong smell of TB fiasco once again. :/

@ Anaon: the bigger the company, the more chances they have for absolute disaster. Small companies = fewer artists = fewer people listening to them = better service. :)

You're right, of course but it's still disappointing...  ;)

--------------
> My music: http://www.spleenarcana.com
> My blog: http://www.awenwoods.com
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 05 2010, 11:43

My Ommadawn is delayed too.
Profile PM 
starfish Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 12:13

Same here, Ommadawn delayed.

By the way, FOPP in London (at the top of Charing Cross Road) had one copy of Hergest Ridge today.
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 13:49

Quote (starfish @ June 05 2010, 18:13)
Same here, Ommadawn delayed.

By the way, FOPP in London (at the top of Charing Cross Road) had one copy of Hergest Ridge today.

One copy of the limited Edition....you mean?

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 14:35

I was told on Thursday that everything was on schedule with the limited editions, but that - like I think it said on the website at the time they went up for sale - they're scheduled for release on the 14th, not the 7th. I don't know whether that's what's leading to their system sending out these messages, or whether there's something more seriously wrong, but we've been assured several times that there won't be any repeat of what happened last time, so...fingers crossed, I guess.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: June 05 2010, 15:45

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ June 04 2010, 22:08)
Gone is almost half of the oboe solo in Part 1 (which answers my question of a few weeks ago as to how the new mix was ca. 2 mins. shorter)

Interestingly, that section is totally intact - he's just chosen to mute the first 32 bars' worth of oboe. The bits that are missing are part of the trumpet section before the oboe part, and some of the bass section before the sleigh bells...certainly a controversial decision!

I like how he chose to bring the oboe in later, actually. It surprised me, which I liked - it wasn't at all what I was expecting, but it does make the point that there's some very beautiful guitar playing under there too (not that it wasn't audible before, but I think bringing it right to the front like that is an interesting thing to do).

The same with the strummed mandolins under the sleigh bells, actually (which seem to be an idea carried across from the demo recordings) - they were unexpected and there's something angsty about them, very much the sound of the agitated young Mike of Tubular Bells...it's certainly not subtle in the way either the original or the Boxed mixes were (and I may later decide that it's just a bit over the top), but for the moment, I find it very interesting how it reveals a different side of the album.

I had a listen to the 5.1 mixes today and I have to say it's still the Hergest Ridge remix that grabs me more! Ommadawn...I need to give that one more time, I think.
Profile PM 
534 replies since April 27 2010, 15:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net