Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HR + Ommadawn limited editions available to order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
yanouch65 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 05 2010, 06:32

Very strange....

Tubular Bells Ultimate signed copies were sold within 24h!

:/

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 06:41

i don't know what is happening either they are oversubscribing, or peoples payments are not going through or people who brought multiple copies are getting kicked back, how many copies are available to buy? very weird i hope another fiasco isn't on it's way.
;)
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 07:03

;)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 07:04

Tubular Bells...everybody knows what is it...but both Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn,it's more for hardcore fans. That's why I see the question.

BTW,they haven't charged anyone like what happened with TB Signed UE...called my credit card company,asked about it,and no sign of it. When you pre-order with Amazon,they only charge your credit card when the order is finally done.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
starfish Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 09:02

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ May 05 2010, 07:04)
BTW,they haven't charged anyone like what happened with TB Signed UE...called my credit card company,asked about it,and no sign of it. When you pre-order with Amazon,they only charge your credit card when the order is finally done.

Yeah, this is strange. How can orders be falling through when credit card payments aren't even being processed until the ship date?

Must be a lot of cancellations!
Profile PM 
alloria Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 10:11

That's interesting, Hergest ridge is not available any more, and yet Ommadawn is. Is Hergest Ridge more popular? I always thought that Ommadawn was better.

--------------
Hergest Ridge Limited Signed Edition Number 225.
Ommadawn Limited Signed Edition Number 236.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 10:15

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ May 05 2010, 12:06)
You can still buy the signed limited edition for Ommadawn now!

Indeed I just picked one :) ... and I duly received a confirmation e-mail from Universal (which says "Order in progress", not "Backordered"). Normally, order confirmation e-mails (from anyone) never disappear from my account, unless I deliberately delete them or unless the sender(s) tell me that they can't comply with my order (in which case the confirmation e-mail is automatically deemed worthless :D). Yes, this is indeed very strange, and I'm starting to feel a rather strong smell of 'fiasco' coming from Universal Store's web page... evidently the guys at Universal are underestimating the number of Mike Oldfield's hardcore fans, and  just how hardcore those fans can be. :)

I shall try again later, maybe I get a rejected copy of limited HR as well. I'd love to have that "Walking..." booklet. :)

@ alloria: no, HR is not more popular than Ommadawn, neither of the two albums is really popular among non-M.O. fans. But the new edition of HR includes the original mix [at least, it's supposed to !] and the Limited Edition includes a booklet entitled "Walking on Hergest Ridge". The Ommadawn limited edition doesn't include any extra booklet.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 10:53

Quote (Ugo @ May 05 2010, 14:15)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ May 05 2010, 12:06)
You can still buy the signed limited edition for Ommadawn now!

Indeed I just picked one :) ... and I duly received a confirmation e-mail from Universal (which says "Order in progress", not "Backordered").

I'm curious to know if everybody whose order is "in progress" have been charged on their credit cards...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 11:29

I have paid with Paypal....so I have been charged...

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 12:23

'Order in Progress' status comes before 'Backordered' status
...the former shows while the order is being processed.

Within there Help section under 'Payment Methods' they state that the money is only taken after the order is dispatched.
...I've ordered both Limited Eds ... and no money has been debited from my bank account.

:)
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 16:27

Both of my limited edition orders show as "Backordered". Did so right after I paid with PayPal, so it's already charged for me, too.
Profile PM 
alloria Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 16:39

I paid with Paypal also, so have already been charged.

I wonder how many copies of Ommadawn they have left?

--------------
Profile PM 
amarok90 Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 17:06

Hello

I have just checked my order which I placed last Friday for both albums (Limited Editions) and the status of my order is "backordered" my card has not yet been debited.

I did not suffer the agony that some people did last year with the TB debacle, lets hope that we are just worrying unneccessarily, though Universal have not filled us with much confidence.
Profile PM 
starfish Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 18:34

Quote (amarok90 @ May 05 2010, 17:06)
lets hope that we are just worrying unneccessarily, though Universal have not filled us with much confidence.

I think that's a bit unfair. What have Universal done wrong here, exactly?

After the TB fiasco, the payment and dispatch of these sets are now being fully handled in-house.

After the inital early flurry and the sets seemingly selling out, a number have gone back on sale - most likely through cancellation and possibly also because some paypal payments may not have cleared properly.

Nothing wrong with that whatsoever, in my book.

My one problem was with the information coming out of Universal. I signed up for the Mike Oldfield mailing list when TB was re-released last year, so that I could get my hands on the signed box.

However, despite being registered with Universal I recieved no official warning or announcement that these two new signed editions were being made available. I only found this thread on May 1st (I'm not a regular visitor to this site, sadly), and by then it seemed a number of days too late.

Suffice it to say I was pretty angry at the fact that, having registered on the official site, I had to hear about these releases third-hand via a fan-site (albeit an excellent fan-site)!

Fortunately I was able to snag myself a copy of each of the signed sets when the second batch was made available - thanks to a very helpful member of these borads who let me know the instant the sets were up for order again.

I've re-registered with the Universal store, and I've linked to tubular.net's excellent RSS feed, to ensure I'm in the loop if further limited editions are released.

But I got lucky.

Since signing up with Universal I've been sent all manner of sales emails, reccommending me albums by the likes of Sting and others. But the one time I wanted some heads-up information, none was forthcoming.

Lessons to be learned, I think.
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: May 06 2010, 08:52

both of my orders instantly charged from paypal...since payment was taken, atleast they cannot cancel multiple ordering by same person as easy as with cc orders that havent been charged.

maybe this time admin could make same kind numbered list for hr and ommadawn as there is in spain wiki for tb ultimate (and possibly convert that list to tubular.net also so it would be easier to find)
so we could submit later our names, country and numbers on list...make list ready from 1 to 250 and later names could been applied on it.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 06 2010, 09:22

Hey, everybody... I've just [and I do mean just!! :D] managed to pick up a copy of limited edition HR. I can call myself lucky. Both of my confirmation e-mails show my orders as "In Progress", I never got any further mails from Universal. And I haven't paid with PayPal as I, having already bought stuff from Universal, have an account with them. So no charging. Yet. :)

Anyway, all of you have a fair chance of expecting some massive uploads from me in June, when I get the stuff.  :)

@ hifiguru: we could simply open up a new thread when we get the framed & signed copies (sure it's only 250 each??), sign it up, then I will collect all the data and organize them into an Excel sheet or something like that, and upload it here. What do you think?

EDIT: The order for Ommadawn, which I made yesterday, has just changed to "Backordered". But I have no charging... yet!! :D

--------------
Profile PM 
alloria Offline

Posted: May 06 2010, 11:09

I had only ordered Ommadawn as I could not afford both. I got a bonus from work today, and when I logged on, Hergest Ridge was available to order again! A sign or what?

Ordered both limited signed editions now.

--------------
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: May 06 2010, 12:27

they probably avoid putting them available at same time so they can charge shipping for each item separately :P

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: May 06 2010, 16:53

I really cannot figure the reason behind all this mess about these editions being avalaible / not avalaible ever again and again!!  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 06 2010, 18:14

Well, a possible reasons may be connected to the one I hypotized above: people at Universal underestimating the number of Mike Oldfield hardcore fans, most of which being regular posters on this board :D. Then some of those fans proved to be not hardcore enough by cancelling their orders. :p Or maybe did PayPal mess up the payments? That wouldn't be the first time such a thing happened...

--------------
Profile PM 
534 replies since April 27 2010, 15:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net