Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HR + Ommadawn limited editions available to order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 27 2010, 15:11

The limited edition versions of Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn are now available to pre-order from a new Mike Oldfield official store.

Both include a 3 disc Deluxe Edition, an LP and a signed and numbered framed print of the album artwork. Each set is limited to 250 copies. The price is £74.99 (UKP) or €84.99 (EUR) from the European Store.

Update - April 30th: Some people have noticed the limited editions appearing for sale elsewhere, but we can confirm that the only place to buy these will be on mikeoldfieldofficial.com. There will be no unsigned limited editions available. Each limited edition set will be personally hand-signed by Mike in the Bahamas - he's been busy signing these and the prints are expected back in the UK soon!
Profile PM 
Kiwwy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 27 2010, 16:42

Its still a long wait!

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 16:43

Just ordered them both. Finally some luck compared to last year, when I wasn't able to order the limited TB version due to work in a foreign country.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: April 27 2010, 16:45

Quote (Kiwwy @ April 27 2010, 22:42)
Its still a long wait!

No, it´s not! We´ve been waiting for such a long time now.

:-)

Edited by manintherain on April 27 2010, 16:45
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 16:48

I hope delivery won't be such a disaster as the TB limited editions!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 17:31

I've just realised we're paying 74.99 each for HR & Omm LDs

and there's no massive book !!! as with TB LD  :(
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 17:56

This link
http://store.universal-music.co.uk/euro....ldfield

works better for people in Europe. It doesn't show the message that you can´t buy blah blah  :)
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 18:26

Well, Deluxe editions of both paid for - what 6 weeks to wait? tapping my fingers already.

Just couldn't justify the extortionate price for a LP I can'y play and a signed print i might not even get (given the TB2009 fiasco).

i think Inkanta was organising a walk along the Ridge sometime this year. Maybe I'll pluck a wild flower from there to put in the CD case.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: April 27 2010, 20:27

They came up quick for pre order after the announcement the previous day. Just ordered both box sets. The signed prints will look very nice on my wall. I like the new HR cover but hope there is a nice pictrure of the original cover too to complete the set  :)

--------------
"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live"
(Josh Homme, from Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Go With The Flow').
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: April 28 2010, 00:45

It was deluxe editions of both these releases for me, too... just couldn't resist. It's one of those deals that I'd be kicking myself if I happened to see them sell out quickly and I didn't join in when I had the chance... 500 copies would have been too much for both - even 250 might be slow to sell (even if I *personally* rank both these albums over TB)

Hopefully everything goes as smoothly as with my signed deluxe TB orders the last time. Reading about many other peoples' problems, I was very lucky then.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 28 2010, 01:41

I had no problems to buy my limited signed framed editions from Brazil,although I'm going to recieve both in my home in England.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Atane Offline

Posted: April 28 2010, 05:00

Just ordered both.
There seems to be a book (or booklet rather), coming with the Hergest Ridge set.
Can't wait!  :D
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: April 28 2010, 09:19

I just ordered both too. I don't know if I am stupid or something to pay such money for this even though I already got the CDs, LPs, japan printed LPs etc. Am I stupid?
Maybe this is a satisfaction that I couldn't get the signed TB...

Anyway... Can't wait.  :D
Profile PM 
alloria Offline

Posted: April 28 2010, 09:29

I have ordered the Ommadawn set, but not the Hergest Ridge one, I can't afford both, but as Ommadawn is my favorite album of all time, I could not resist.

--------------
Hergest Ridge Limited Signed Edition Number 225.
Ommadawn Limited Signed Edition Number 236.
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: April 28 2010, 10:10

This is WAY, WAY too expensive for me. £75!!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: April 28 2010, 12:17

No disrespect intended to anyone here, but I personally think the sets are slightly too expensive for what they actually contain.  Sure they have the artwork which is framed and signed and of course is a limited edition, but there's not much more to it than that, especially if you're not all that bothered about the vinyl release.

I'm reminded of the Maestro poster that was offered by Mike a few years back. That was very large, signed by Mike and was a limited edition of 150. Okay it wasn't album artwork or framed, yet it 'only' cost £35 as I recall.
My feeling, with this in mind, is that the sets should either contain one or two more 'goodies' for the £75 or should perhaps be about £60 or £65 instead of £75.

Just IMO.

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: April 28 2010, 12:52

its been 1 day since they become available to order and still can order 100 copies of each...wondering if that 250 is bullshit or they just dont sell as fast as tb ultimate 500 copies that sold out in 12 hours.

or maybe it slow down ordering that now you need to pay 190 euros to get them since most will want to buy both.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: April 28 2010, 13:08

This could be classed as blasphemy, but I must admit I'm not racing to buy either of these. There are so many things to spend £160 on and to be honest there is not a great deal new in either of these products to interest me.

Or am I missing something?

(Different of course if you a collector and want everything).

Go on enlighten me! Persuade me that I need these on my shelf.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: April 28 2010, 13:22

£4.99 for the 2010  CD  Remix sounds like a Bargain that will suit me enough .. cheers Nice one  :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: April 28 2010, 16:16

Looks like the box sets may have sold out. It just says 'more info' instead of 'buy it now'. Looks like I got them just in time!

--------------
"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live"
(Josh Homme, from Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Go With The Flow').
Profile PM 
534 replies since April 27 2010, 15:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net