Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: How to promote TB(Re-recording)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 14 2003, 13:40

Since Mike said the re-recording of Tubular Bells is going to call also Tubular Bells,how to promote the album correctely and make people buy the new version instead of the original one?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 14 2003, 20:05

Maybe he just wants to slip it in and replace the older one without anyone really noticing except the people who have already heard the older one. Then again, the cover artwork will be different, Then again (again), it will be similar to the original. Hmmmm....what to expect....what to expect....

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2003, 14:57

Well I think calling it simply Tubular Bells ties in with Mike's idea that this album is how he originally conceived the record, and how it would have sounded had the required time, ability and resources been available at the time. Whether it will be a low-key release remains to be seen but with all the talk of DVDs and a premiere performance it seems unlikely.

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2003, 15:53

I sincerely hope it is a success for him especialy here in Britain. What it's got going against that happening I think is a case of one TB type albums to many, as far as the public's view is concerned. He really does need to play live with it at least once and get it televised like what happened with TB2. There's been no talk recently from his mouth about any live shows and I hope the idea hasn't been sidelined in favour of The Tube World project, much as I'm excited by what this may contain I'd still rather see him live anyday.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2003, 23:56

It would be nice if it actually received fair reviews, as British music critics are generally awful and write the biggest load of unpleasant inaccurate poop whenever Mike releases a new album. If they actually acknowledged Tubular Bells as a wonderful work, then I would be happy. But it is so predictable that they will spend half the review recounting the same old story about Kevin Ayers and recording a demo when he was 17...blah blah blah, and then the other half will be saying he's done too many Tubular Bells, why can't he do something else! And all this coming from the people that constantly ignore the albums that he has made that are better than Tubular Bells! Grrr.....sorry, had to vent my anger  :p

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 29 2003, 17:02

this doesn't really go here but..what's that promo calendar on mike's website..there seems to be nothing on the calendar now..is there going to be big promotions for the record..or is that something less important page :laugh:

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 30 2003, 10:46

Mike will be going to Madrid for the few days leading up to the release to promote the album. I doubt there'll be much promotion elsewhere, going by the record company's attitude...
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: May 01 2003, 08:43

well just as i tought..less important page there

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 01 2003, 13:30

Quote (Korgscrew @ April 30 2003, 13:46)
Mike will be going to Madrid for the few days leading up to the release to promote the album. I doubt there'll be much promotion elsewhere, going by the record company's attitude...

I´ve heard about this thing in Madrid and now it´s true.

A REAL launch party would be the best thing.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
8 replies since Mar. 14 2003, 13:40 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net