Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: How good a keyboard player is mike?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 16 2017, 17:23

There's so much keyboard and synth through the late 80s, though - honestly you couldn't sit and programme that much without picking up something. Think of the intro to Heaven's Open too.

Also, I just saw this earlier today so it's fresh in my mind:
https://youtu.be/ZbJeHL6iJi8?t=54s
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 18 2017, 06:50

The quote that comes foremost to my mind, upon reading the topic title, is one from his interview and performance on Steve Wright's Radio 1 show, just prior to TBII.  It's on the bootleg I Met A Sweet Señora In Barcelona ( although the Steve Wright bit is all I have, via a link from these parts!  ;)  ), and just prior to the the TB-TBII-Early Stages medley, he states that he isn't really much of a keyboard player.  Cue an improvised bit of magic on the random synthesizer the BBC had provided!

As to where he learned whatever he does have of his art, he mentions liking the sounds of his grandmother's upright piano and messing about with it, and also composing bits of Opus One on it, in the autobiography.  Whether that extended to notation education as well, I'm not certain  - I would guess that the score-books for TB were transcribed by others.

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: Feb. 20 2017, 05:09

Quote (Mat Cochrane @ Feb. 16 2017, 17:23)
Think of the intro to Heaven's Open too.

I do my best not to.  :p
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2017, 04:04

I think Mike is a good pianist, I like his touch on it, and he can say so much with just a few well chosen notes. Which for me is more impressive than playing the piano at high speed. I don't think Lang Lang played anything on Music of The Spheres that Mike couldn't play, they got him more for the promotion I feel.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Feb. 23 2017, 06:39

Here is a clip of an interview with Mike from 2007, where you can watch him playing various pieces of Tubular Bells on a grand piano.

Mike Playing Piano
Profile PM 
edna123 Offline

Posted: April 07 2022, 22:16

Thanks for your writing.i would recommend you to damon ps2 pro apk app to spread lots of good sand in it for free

--------------
[url=https://apksunny.com/damon-ps2-pro/]damon ps2 pro apk[/url]
Profile PM 
landonnaselina Offline

Posted: May 24 2022, 03:11

Quote (edna123 @ April 07 2022, 22:16)
Thanks for your writing.i would recommend you to Modern Age 2 Mod Apk app to spread lots of good sand in it for free

I tried it and it's amazing, thank you for sharing it with me it's amazing.

--------------
Modern Age 2 Mod Apk - TechToDown.com
Profile PM 
shenry Offline

Posted: May 25 2022, 11:54

I tried it and it's amazing, thank you for sharing it with me it's amazing.

Yes I agree. Life changing, this ability to "spread lots of good sand in it for free". Certainly been valuable for me. :D
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: May 30 2022, 16:05

I don't know the if the "Into Wonderland" is Mike or Nico Ramsden playing the keyboard solo, but it's awesome! Definitely the work of someone who knows his way around a keyboard.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
LorraineYoung Offline

Posted: July 02 2022, 00:32

[quote=shenry,May 25 2022, 11:54]
I tried it and it's amazing with deezer premium apk mediafıre, thank you for sharing it with me it's amazing.

The comments seem very agreeable
Profile PM 
29 replies since Nov. 09 2005, 10:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net