Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: How do I delete my own topic?, ...and how to use the topic description< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Craig Evans Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 25 2004, 16:03

How do I delete my own topic?

How do I move my topic if I place it in the wrong forum?

I am sorry for posting my guitar effects rig topic in the discussion forum.  It's just that I have noticed more people using the discussion forum instead of the tech forum so I thought it would be better to post my guitar effects rig topic in the discussion forum.  :)  :)

--------------
"It is good to be on Horseback" - Mike Oldfield "On Horseback"

"(Insert "The Thunderstorm" here)"
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Nov. 26 2004, 01:51

Quote (Craig Evans @ Nov. 25 2004, 04:03)
How do I delete my own topic?

Answer: you don't. I don't think the administrators want you deleting a topic and getting rid of the posts from all the people who posted on that topic. Being able to move a topic would just cause confusion when people come on and find that it isn't where they expected it to be. It's not a perfect solution, but it is probably best to just leave it to the administrators.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 30 2004, 11:05

The best thing to do, if you accidentally post a duplicate, is to just add a message saying "Sorry, duplicate post, please ignore" or something like that, then Olivier or I will know it was just an accident, and we'll drop it silently into the virtual dustbin (and the other users will hopefully know not to reply to it too).

Putting specific questions in seemingly more popular areas generally won't help much - a lot of people browse the forum by looking for the latest posts, so they'll see your message wherever you put it. The TubularTech area does get less visitors than General Discussion, but that's because the tech topics appeal to more of a minority of users. The people who are interested in such topics - and therefore the people best able to answer your tech questions - will be looking regularly in the TubularTech area, so you can be sure that they'll find your topic there.
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2004, 14:31

Craig, may I also add that you don't need to include a topic description by writing the thread title twice. I'm one of those users who views the new posts when I visit and it makes it kind of difficult to read when the title unecessarily shows up twice. Just a very small point, but it can make a big difference :)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 03 2004, 05:56

I'd agree there - there's nothing wrong with leaving the topic description blank, if you don't have anything to put in there. There's only really any point in adding a topic description if you feel that the topic title on its own isn't clear enough, or if you want to give a little summary of what the topic's about (i.e. Topic Title: "Mike's 80s Guitars", Topic Description: "SG, L6-S or what?" - which would then lead to a question fitting that description).
Profile PM 
4 replies since Nov. 25 2004, 16:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net