Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hints about the next Master of Ceremonies< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thomas Höögh
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 19 2002, 11:19

I would like to have the voice that appears in the end of Amarok. I really enjoy that womens voice, I guess it should be great to take her whomever she is?
Joenohoe
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 21 2002, 13:07

Is Orson Welles still alive? I think he has a very good voice to things like this.
I heard him on an Alan Parsons album (Tales of mystery and imagination).
Or what do you think of thé voice of War of the Worlds by Jeff Wayne which is Richard Burton. But I also do not know if this man is still alive.
Wayfarer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 21 2002, 15:46

Hmmm... I wonder... What about James Earl Jones? :) Great strong and deep voice... and maybe Constantino Romero (the voice of Simba's father in the spanish version of The Lion King) :) ...at least fot the spanish version!

Other good chances? Well... Sean Connery, Anthony Hopkins, Darth Vader...

How to make a good decision about it? Ok, check this article http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/archive/14-9-19101-0-19-27.html and this other http://www.wfubmc.edu/voice/bestandworstrelease.shtml
I think you'll find it interesting...

Best Regards from Spain!
:laugh:

--------------
My homepage - www.thewayfarer.info
My search - www.cannotbefound.com
My community - www.taurusiv.net
My luthier - www.artluthier.com
Profile PM WEB 
Wayfarer Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2002, 15:52

Hey, check also 'The Voice Actor Hall of Fame'
http://www.dragonfare.net/AL/voices.html

There are some interesting voices... including Andrea 'Sexiest Celt Girl' Corr :p and another VOICE: James Woods

Enjoy It
;)

--------------
My homepage - www.thewayfarer.info
My search - www.cannotbefound.com
My community - www.taurusiv.net
My luthier - www.artluthier.com
Profile PM WEB 
Frank Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2002, 16:46

PATRICK STEWART and no one else..... :)
Profile PM 
Fox Offline

Posted: Aug. 22 2002, 21:18

John Cleese is for sure the next MC...what an honor ;-)

This is bound to be interesting!  Oh, what does he have planned?  Rerecording TB after 30 years...how could he make it sound like TB, yet sound new?

I'm curious...I wonder which ending he'll be using; the strange ending, or the instrumental.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Aug. 23 2002, 04:41

Yeahhh! John Cleese was my first choice. Fantastic! :cool:

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 23 2002, 06:15

*hick*!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Aug. 23 2002, 07:37

This is wonderful news,John Cleese,will do a great job,good choice Mike.
Profile PM 
Tubular Cobra Offline

Posted: Aug. 23 2002, 08:52

I Was Thinking He Would Do the Next MC

--------------
ooo! Look at my Pretty Black Stripes! :D and btw - Mike Oldfield Ownz You!(Well Not Really)
Profile PM WEB 
Ludor Tudor
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 24 2002, 11:25

John Cleese... Hmmm.... Funny:)
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 26 2002, 07:20

Yeah, should be interesting. He wasn't my first choice, but I still reckon he'll be good for the part. In regards to Fox, I hope he will use the instrumental ending. The drunk one is just to far out, and a bit to silly even for my liking. The instrumental one rocks!

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: Aug. 26 2002, 12:37

Mmmm..., John Cleese. He was the main character on the film "A fish called Wanda", isn't he?.
I do not know what kind of voice he has, because all the things I have seen about him were dubbed in Spanish. But if you say he will be a good MC I believe you.  :)
Profile PM 
Fox Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2002, 09:44

I mainly remember him from the mini series called "The Human Face" on TLC (an American TV channel...don't know if it's outside the states).  He's got a good voice for the part, and he was even funny in an educational show :-).
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2002, 12:00

Piano... Blah blah blah... introducing electric guitar... blah blah blah... And Now for Something Completely Different... IT'S... Tubular Bells... (BONG)!

Now wouldn't that be amussing... LOL ;)  

John Cleese has done so much in his life it is hard, even if you have just been born, it is hard not to know the great rantings of Basil Fawlty.  I can't believe that in America John is only known for one thing... as Fox knows him for... but as we all know America has its little narrow-minded ways of cutting itself off from all the goodies the rest of the world has to offer... 'so this is to be expected' (in the words of Davros).  However, American TV did it's worst in trying to copy Fawlty Towers a few years back with a program called "Pane."  However, if you mention, in my experience, the name John Cleese to anyone, young or old, you'll either get the Basil Fawlty reply or the Monty Python.  Very rarely do I hear "A Fish Called Wanda."  However, I have received some blank stares occasionally... but they weren't very enlightened folks anyway... LOL ;)

I am looking forward to John being the next MC.  Lets hope it makes an impact on the sales... hmmm! :)

Christopher
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2002, 13:30

He also did lots of movies (two with Monty Python buddy Eric Idle) and I also love a movie of him called "The Strange Case of the End of Civilization as We Know It". Also, he loaned his voice a lot in animations and movies, like "George of the Jungle" and in 2004 in "Shrek".

But yes, if you don't know John Cleese, you either have been living in a cave for the last 35 years or you don't watch television. ;)

Although I still have my doubts about John Cleese's voice. If people hear his voice, you would say they would expect something funny (or will Mike use humour in TB2003??).

My choice would be a bit more "daft" voice (excuse me for saying that), like sir Alec Guinness or sir Laurence Olivier (unfortunately they are both dead) but I also would prefer Roger Moore or Leonard Nimoy (although Nimoy's voice is not very daft and certainly not english).

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Fox Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2002, 23:43

Hey hey hey!  If Mike is still looking for a tongue-in-cheek voice, an American accent is the way to go!  :p lol

Those of us in the states know John mainly from "Monty Python's The Search For the Holy Grail," "The Human Face" on TLC, and (for those who watch PBS stations, which often carry British comedies), Basil Fawlty.

I'm one of those few people who actually watched comedies such as, Keeping Up Appearances, Waiting For God, Are You Being Served, Black Adder, and Fawlty Towers.  So I guess that makes me enlightened or something   haha...and I'm only 19.  Hey, I liked Canadian televison when I lived close enough to get it.

Ask just about anyone in the states about John Cleese, and The Search For The Holy Grail is bound to come up, too.  If he's using his serious voice, he'll sound great as MC!  Even if he doesn't, it'll be something completely different...which might be what Mike wants in the first place ;)
Profile PM 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2002, 05:09

I can just imagine John Cleese doing both the end of Part 1 and the 'alternative' end of Part 2.

Serious voice for the announcing of instruments and his Basil Fawlty voice for talking about eggshell canvas and such like for the end of part 2!!!!

Way Hay!

Terry.

--------------
http://purplerhapsody.co.uk - no words, just emotions
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2002, 15:32

Don't forget John Cleese was in the last James Bond film,and is also in the new one!!!.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2002, 21:53

No one has mentioned the fantastic film 'Clockwise' that John Cleese starred in. This is my favourite of his films and is about a strict headmaster of a school who is never late for anything and wants everyone else to be on time. It's about how everything goes terribly wrong on the way to a teacher's conference he is to speak at (on the topic of being on time) - he misses the train and the rest is history - side-splittingly funny!!  :cool:

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
40 replies since Aug. 15 2002, 19:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net