Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 06 2008, 03:21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=insnme8abgs
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 11 2010, 06:35

Until 1'30" I thought this was going to be another bad video, with church/candle imagery not fitting at all well with the futuristic and transcendent music. Then, of course, appropriate imagery does appear - but how much better the whole thing would have been if this imagery had been present right from the start! So far, "Song of the Boatman" is by far my favourite MO video clip.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2010, 11:51

Nightspore - you are officially our resident MO video review expert. You ought to charge per video  ;).

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2010, 20:18

Quote (wiga @ Mar. 11 2010, 11:51)
Nightspore - you are officially our resident MO video review expert. You ought to charge per video  ;).

Thanks, Wiga! I saw that a lot of these videos have 0 comments next to them, and reasoned that if Olivier is kind enough to put them there we should at least say something about them!
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2011, 16:41

Quote (nightspore @ Mar. 11 2010, 13:35)
Until 1'30" I thought this was going to be another bad video, with church/candle imagery not fitting at all well with the futuristic and transcendent music. Then, of course, appropriate imagery does appear - but how much better the whole thing would have been if this imagery had been present right from the start! So far, "Song of the Boatman" is by far my favourite MO video clip.

Is this the official video you are talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....3E964D4

as I see it is not listed here as so,  & to me this is not a very MIKEish video apart from the bridge with the people sprouting wings and taking off, I do not see a lot that rings out MIKE OLDFIELD made this.

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2011, 17:54

@ nightspore: please, if you can, post a link to the video for "The Song of the Boat Men" (actual title) that you refer to. The one linked by I1 above doesn't look Oldfieldish at all.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2011, 23:45

Yes that was the point I thought I had made clear when I wrote this in my above post :-  & to me this is not a very MIKEish video apart from the bridge with the people sprouting wings and taking off, I do not see a lot that rings out MIKE OLDFIELD made this.

I see a resurrection has taken place & the butterfly has reawakened so Nightspore can you confirm that the video I have linked above is the one of which you wrote please & it is good to see you back!!!...

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2011, 01:43

Thanks, I1. Ugo's video is the one I was talking about.

There's still much that needs to be done...
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 24 2011, 20:38

Nightspore when you added the above post I received a notification of your post with a link to the video that I included in my post above.  Now on looking at your post above it is not there old chum, has it been stolen?  Maybe by the pixel fairies that stole our larger YOU TUBE SCREENS.

On a serious note I did send you a PM two days ago regarding this! did you get it?
Lastly so we do not take up anymore space on this thread\Topic could you reply to this question over on the new topic I created for the Video here  http://tubular.net/forums/the-song-of-the-boatman--?act=ST;f=88;t=10363
http://tubular.net/forums....t=10363

Then this topic can return to it's original subject.
THE VIDEO FOR THE HIBERNACULUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=insnme8abgs

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 26 2011, 18:20

Quote (nightspore @ Mar. 11 2010, 11:35)

I think all the spacey imagery came from the multimedia content on the TSODE CD, it's hard to tell at that resolution.
Profile PM 
9 replies since Mar. 06 2008, 03:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net