Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hi everyone!, Another new member< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
aoeu Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 19 2017, 16:47

Hello fellow MO fans!

First time poster and, I guess, long-time reader of these forums. It's a little sad to see that things have slowed down a bit at present but with the release of RTO just tomorrow, and possibly TB4 this year, I would say it's an exciting time and I thought now would be as good a time as any to introduce myself, and hopefully join in the discussion.

My background: You could say I missed the early days of MO given that I was born in 1985, but I was about 7 when I fell in love with Tubular Bells, and I was introduced to Incantations not long after (because those were the two MO albums my Dad had). TB has been my favourite all-time album ever since, but I started more generally exploring MO's music in the last 8 years, and listening to the other albums.

I'm fortunate in that I've found something I've enjoyed in all of Mike's work so far but I would consider my particular favourite albums of his to be: Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge, Ommadawn, Incantations, Five Miles Out, Islands, Earth Moving (really! :cool:), Amarok, and of the 'newer' stuff TB2&3, and Music of the Spheres.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 20 2017, 08:25

Hello! Nice to see a long-time reader jumping in and joining the madness. :D How long have you been lurking out there? :)

You're right that things have slowed down since the heyday of this place, but there's definitely a loyal band of followers clinging on. I'm trying to drop by more regularly than I have done in the recent past, so hopefully you'll always find someone to talk to. :)

I hope you have fun here!
Profile PM 
1 replies since Jan. 19 2017, 16:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net