Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hi all, me :)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Bell Y Button Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 30 2014, 17:22

Hi all

I bought Boxed in WOM (then 'the' record shop in Munich) when I was about 12 years old and I LOVED TUBULAR and OMMADAWN fro start to end...but 'stars end' and other things on 'Boxed' were hard to swallow ... but I loved this set nevertheless and, lying on my back, listend to it hours and hours...day after day...week after week :)

I then saw a commercial about 'Music Wonderland' and bought it, opf course, and loved it to death, espacially GUILTY and ARRIVAL and WONDERFUL LAND. Then MO's career took of in Germany with songs like 'Five Miles Out' and 'Mistake' and 'Moonlight shwadow' etc

The rest ist history as they say :)
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 31 2014, 04:35

Welcome to the forum, Mike has lot's of music on 25 albums to enjoy :)
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 31 2014, 05:15

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for cheering me up this foggy morning with the funniest forum name I've seen in a while :D

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 31 2014, 09:24

Herzlich willkommen, Bell Y Button!

Lying on your back listening to Boxed...I remember one summer, I guess I would have been about 10, lying on my bedroom floor listening to Tubular Bells off an already old cassette. Rather like the Tubular Bells master tape, I think there were parts of that cassette which were played so much, they almost wore right through completely...

Why lie on the floor and not the bed? So I could get my head between the speakers! Funny how old habits die hard, in fact - I got a pair of Tannoy dual concentric studio monitors last year and, before I could set them up properly, gave them a test drive on the floor. Lying there with my head in the sweet spot, I was treated to one of the most mindblowing listening experiences I've ever had - their stereo imaging is really wonderful anyway, but down there on the floor, close enough to almost be like a giant pair of headphones, it was particularly magical. Amazing to close your eyes and have the music become something almost tangible in the space in front of you...

Anyway, without further rambling...I hope you enjoy the forum!
Profile PM 
3 replies since Mar. 30 2014, 17:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net