Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (8) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hergest Ridge + Ommadawn reissues in April< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 16 2010, 13:01

We've had word from Universal that the new editions of Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn will be out in April. We ought to have more details shortly.

For those concerned about the disappearance of mikeoldfield.com, we're told it'll be back soon.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 16 2010, 13:54

i cant wait for this!! i just cant wait!!! :D finally something else and not tubular bells! Bring Ommadawn out in the big light, and HG too of course.
About the boring official site, please do something about it :D
Thansk for the news!

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Opus 1 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 16 2010, 15:10

Yahoo! :D Had worries of HR and Omma being forgot about, this has just made my day ^^

--------------
The mark of a skilled musician is to be able to play one note and mean it, not play zillions of notes and not mean it.

(www.myspace.com/markmonaghan)
Profile PM WEB 
alexander.schweigert Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2010, 16:09

Cool! Good News!

--------------
www.oldfield.de
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2010, 16:53

Let's hope that everything happens fine this time...and more reissues can be released later in the year.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Opus 1 Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2010, 17:08

...wonder if they'll do an ultimate edition. LOL

--------------
The mark of a skilled musician is to be able to play one note and mean it, not play zillions of notes and not mean it.

(www.myspace.com/markmonaghan)
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2010, 18:35

I'm not holding my breath, but on a grey cold rtainy day this news just warmed me up!

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2010, 20:06

This is welcome news indeed! Mike obviously has not been on the banana lounge all the time! 2 albums, that is serious studio time!
Profile PM 
BeeNBee Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2010, 04:25

Bloody hell that's great news indeed!
I hope they are not making alpha, beta, ultimate editions this time.. ;) One will surly do just fine don't ya think?

--------------
" Michal Kochamy Cie! " - Katowice 1999
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2010, 04:49

is there some actual new music here - or just the same music remixed or something?  Am I missing something?  With TB there was some rare stuff like the Single (although he ballsed that up from the original IMHO), but what is there for these two potentially?  

Also I wonder if MO will be actively involved this time anyway?
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2010, 04:54

Thats fantastic. I am listening to Hergest Ridge a lot of late. It's a wonderful underrated album that sadly gets overshadowed by Tubular Bells. If Mike recorded music like this again wouldn't it be wonderful. There are sections of Hergest that need better defention but I just hope it isn't spoiled by reverb.

Get back to the Beacon Mike and get some English countryside back in your blood.
Profile PM WEB 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2010, 06:57

The trouble is Mike doesn't like HR very much !  :(
Profile PM 
HRFanUSA Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2010, 07:42

This is great news but I'm holding my breath!

I hope both releases are "Ultimate" editions with lots of goodies included. The Ultimate TB was a disaster (not Mike's fault, even though it included some neat stuff) and I truly hope this doesn't happen with HR and Ommadawn. Keep it simple but solid, and fans will be thrilled!
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2010, 09:03

Thanks again Korgscrew for the info. As a matter of interest is the official mikeoldfield.com making a return, or is the new website going to be promo based like the TB themed one ?
Profile PM 
Navaira Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2010, 09:13

This is bloody exciting. Finally! I was ALMOST certain they wouldn't actually release anything past TB (which I still haven't bought -- it's never been in my Oldfield top 10, I prefer the 2003 version).

It would be lovely to see an Ultimate edition of HR featuring either (or both... dream on) the original mix of HR or the orchestral version. Hmmm... :)

--------------
http://www.raygrant.com :: My album 'Exorcism' is out on iTunes now
Profile PM WEB 
smillsoid Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2010, 09:20

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

--------------
http://www.reverbnation.com/simonjmills
Profile PM WEB 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2010, 12:59

Quote (Navaira @ Jan. 17 2010, 09:13)
This is bloody exciting. Finally! I was ALMOST certain they wouldn't actually release anything past TB (which I still haven't bought -- it's never been in my Oldfield top 10, I prefer the 2003 version).

It would be lovely to see an Ultimate edition of HR featuring either (or both... dream on) the original mix of HR or the orchestral version. Hmmm... :)

I was afraid that they were going to let the whole MO back catalogue go out of print after the ultimate TB-fiasco (whose failure sales-wise I'm sure some executive could (mis)interpret as dwindling public interest in MOs music).
I'm thrilled that two of the most thrilling and unique albums ever recorded are being re-released. Perhaps the time is right. Perhaps critics will view these albums as more than tepid follow-ups to Tubular Bells? Not that it helps that Mike seems to think so himself these days...
Lars T

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
pipetune Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2010, 16:42

Wow - I see it now - a world tour to promote all 3 re-issues.
With 2 nights at the O2 in London. Featuring the whole of HR and Omm. At last, we have been waiting so long.

Well you can dream can't you..... :zzz:
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2010, 16:48

Quote (pipetune @ Jan. 17 2010, 21:42)
Wow - I see it now - a world tour to promote all 3 re-issues.
With 2 nights at the O2 in London. Featuring the whole of HR and Omm. At last, we have been waiting so long.

Well you can dream can't you..... :zzz:

Mike @ The O2?
Nah...I prefer Royal Albert Hall,top class...or smaller venues,close to the stage :D

I really wanna see him performing live before his retirement...a proper tour to promote his carrer as a whole...dreaming,dreaming  :laugh:

Well,after giving HR a second chance,I wanna hear it asap this reissue.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2010, 01:54

Great news!
I'll have the "regular" non-signed Ultimate Edition, please. :)

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
146 replies since Jan. 16 2010, 13:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (8) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net