Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hergest Ridge limited edition box set, How to buy it?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
HR lover Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 08 2010, 03:39

Hi, I'm a new member, and as you can see in my username I love hergest ridge. I found out there is a limited edition box set ( which I really want to have) But when I go to the site I can't find a way to buy it. Is it sold out or something? I found it at this site: [URL=http://http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/Mike-Oldfield-Hergest-Ridge-Limited-Edition-Set/invt/0600753267530]

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 08 2010, 03:51

Hi HR lover yes its sold out.
Check out Fan Music/Fan Remixes for a 2010 so so drum mix.
(Blatant self plug).
And Welcome to the board. :)
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2010, 04:03

Too bad it's sold out, but thanks for the warm welcome  :)

--------------
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2010, 05:26

Quote (HR lover @ Sep. 08 2010, 04:03)
Too bad it's sold out, but thanks for the warm welcome  :)

Check eBay, you may snag one.

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2010, 18:34

@ HR lover: Welcome to the board also from me, but don't listen to Jules above here and stay away from eBay, as it's full of thieves.  :D :laugh: I bought that set out of the fact that I've become a little bit of a Mike Oldfield collector, lately, but I can guarantee you it's (or it was) not really, really worth the money it costs (or costed): all you've got in addition to the much cheaper 2 CD+DVD set is a (not perfect) vinyl record containing the so-called "original mix" and a framed pic of the album cover with a (bad) Mike Oldfield signature [which is actually just "Oldfield"]. If you love HR but you aren't a collector, you don't need this. :)

By the way, do you have a favourite version of HR? And if you do, is that one of the three officially released versions? ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2010, 05:07

Quote (Ugo @ Sep. 08 2010, 18:34)
don't listen to Jules above here and stay away from eBay, as it's full of thieves.

That's a bit of a generalisation!  Sure there are folks who rob you blind on eBay, but also lots of genuine people too.  Just like everywhere else.  Keep your wits about you and don't pay more than you think it's worth, and you'll be fine.

Oh, and ignore Ugo - you should always listen to me.  :D

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 09 2010, 22:00

HR don't listen to either of them.
Listen to MIKE :D
Profile PM 
HR lover Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2010, 03:19

Hm. This might be a little embarassing, but because I'm just a recent fan of MO I only have the 2010 version. I really love it though so I'd like all the versions. Too bad I don't shop via the internet, so for me it's hard to find MO records and such. And including the fact that my gramophone broke down, I haven't been able to listen to Ommadawn but side 1  :( I hope it was not Ommadawn that broke it  :D ) I only have QE2, FMO, Platinum, Discovery, Hergest Ridge, Ommadawn and tubular bells. And I have a DVD of TB2+TB3 (but for me that was a small disapointment). So I have yet a long way to go  :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Drealm Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2010, 08:15

Quote (HR lover @ Sep. 08 2010, 03:39)
Hi, I'm a new member, and as you can see in my username I love hergest ridge. I found out there is a limited edition box set ( which I really want to have) But when I go to the site I can't find a way to buy it. Is it sold out or something? I found it at this site: [URL=http://http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/Mike-Oldfield-Hergest-Ridge-Limited-Edition-Set/invt/0600753267530]

You can find it on thepiratebay.org

Sorry about this pirate thing, but this person showed a real interest in buying the album but unfortunately it was a "limited edition".

So except on Ebay, there's no way he can have it apart from pirating.

If companies don't want us to pirate, they should care about making albums AVAILABLE.
Profile PM 
Dartmoor Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2015, 18:42

I am curious how much one would have to pay nowadays for the limited box. I have looked online but can't seem to find a copy on ebay, discogs, amazon or anywhere else. Same for Ommmadawn. I guess no one really wants to sell such a special box :).

--------------
So if you feel a little glum
To Hergest Ridge you should come
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: May 16 2015, 15:45

Such copies as made their way into the hands of professional sellers I think were gone by late 2011.  You have to assume that they are all now in the hands of happy fans or collectors with no immediate incentive to sell.

I've had to grow a little bit less sentimental about how much of a collector I would like to be, so it's not been a case of "I must get Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn limited, or else!"  My Olympics vinyl is the exception and I'm still not convinced of its intrinsic value, although my prediction was confounded by how much a loose copy or two fetched on eBay not long after! ;)

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
10 replies since Sep. 08 2010, 03:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net