Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hergest Ridge Full Music Transcription< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ThisName Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 08 2010, 05:24

Hi everyone, it has been ages since I last posted but life has been very busy for me and I have quite a bit of time away from Mike's music. Thankfully, in the last few months I have returned to his glorious music.

I have been privately commissioned to make a full music transcription of Ommadawn which I am near completion on. Sadly, I cant make this publically available.

It has made me think about making a full transcription of HR, seeing as the new deluxe edition is out this year.

My aim is to have the score for HR finished in August, available as a digital PDF file, or bound score.

My question is, to hopefully potential customers, what you would feel is an acceptable to price to ask for on the transcription. I would love to sell it to anyone who would be interested, and I'm sure there are lot's of people here who would love to have something like this.

Any feedback on what you would be happy to pay for something that is going to take a lot of man hours to complete would be great as of course I want to offer it at as competitive a price as possible.

Also, to tptb, how would I look to getting a full publication on something like this?

All the best peeps!

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
Incantations Offline

Posted: July 09 2010, 15:33

It would  be pretty cool to know, how many instruments have you been planing to use, that can corilate to price relatively well, besides that, I would go to some place you can find scores (where on the internet or irl I don't know) and compare the prices of each in relative to the material inside. Estimate about how much each piece of content average costs, then multiply by an estimate on what your score is planning to give, then subtract it a bit, if you wnt it competitively priced.

Thats what I came up wih after thinking while listening to Mike Oldfield- First Excursion

But I am definitively not  genius in markting  :laugh:

--------------
Hmm...
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: May 06 2012, 01:53

This performance of Hergest Ridge is outstanding:

Hergest Ridge Part 1

I'm impressed.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: May 06 2012, 05:00

No kidding!

¡Viva España!
:D

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: May 06 2012, 05:30

:O  :) Great !!!! Muchas gracias ! MO's Spanish fans are the best !!!
Profile PM 
Bell Boy Offline

Posted: May 11 2012, 02:05

Amazing performance.....

One thing though that made me a little sad....
That a group of musicians could put this together themselves, with such a great arrangements and players...BUT
The great man himself doesn't >!!!??????
He has millions more money and financial backing, but doesn't do it... and when he did , 50% was on backing sequenced.
This just shows that it can be done and doesnt cost an arm and a leg....you just have to want to do it......
Could you image this line , playing MO 1st four studio Cds.
WITH MIKE OLDFIELD on guitar....
He should just hire this and play up front.
JOB DONE !!!!!!!!!
Profile PM 
ThisName Offline

Posted: May 11 2012, 04:58

It's nice to see so much of Mike's music being played and arranged by his fans. It is a shame however that he has shown no signs of interest as I find it impossible to believe he is not aware of what is happening. So far Hergest Ridge, Tubular Bells and Amarok have been played in full and Gus is playing Incantations full soon so it is really becomming a big thing now.

Come on Mike, give us your feedback!

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2012, 17:32

I've heard from Ryan a while ago that someone finally commissioned a full band score of Hergest Ridge.

Any news on how the transcription is going, Ryan?
Profile PM WEB 
7 replies since June 08 2010, 05:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net