Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hergest Ridge 17/18 July 2010, meet n greet n drink n walk< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 01 2010, 19:55

Over on facebook , there's been a discussion about meeting up near Hergest Ridge soon, this July 17/18th.

The re-release is out and it's a nice place for a walk and a go out for a few drinks.

So far interested parties include me, Tati (who's come from Brazil to England to study and wonders why us Brit Oldfield fans don't meet up), plus a semi promise form Inkanta if she can get a cheap flight from the States. Also maybe a few of our German friends Harry, Christian etc (but I'd better hide my camcorder 'cos the last time we met proved embarrasing

If anyone is interested in driving over to Hereford for the day on Sunday or finding somewhere for the night on Saturday, please comment here.

It's not often us Brits find an excuse to meet, so here's a chance

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 05 2010, 17:16

Just found out that I am going to have to go a different weekend. Sorry.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: June 06 2010, 07:51

GRRRRRR!!!!! I'd love to go, but somehow I don't think I'll have the money :(  :(  :( . I'm there in spirit :)  :) . Perhaps a bit more notice I'll be able to organise something.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Derek T Offline

Posted: June 07 2010, 05:24

Just noticed a curious thing ...

Why was the conversation on FB, and not here ?

I am not going now either.

--------------
per astra ad aspera
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Oct. 10 2010, 18:05

Quote (olracUK @ June 02 2010, 00:55)
Over on facebook , there's been a discussion about meeting up near Hergest Ridge soon, this July 17/18th.

The re-release is out and it's a nice place for a walk and a go out for a few drinks.

So far interested parties include me, Tati (who's come from Brazil to England to study and wonders why us Brit Oldfield fans don't meet up), plus a semi promise form Inkanta if she can get a cheap flight from the States. Also maybe a few of our German friends Harry, Christian etc (but I'd better hide my camcorder 'cos the last time we met proved embarrasing

If anyone is interested in driving over to Hereford for the day on Sunday or finding somewhere for the night on Saturday, please comment here.

It's not often us Brits find an excuse to meet, so here's a chance

sorry I missed you as just joined the forum and only live 30 minutes drive from Hergest Ridge, Kington near to the River Wye.
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Dec. 05 2010, 11:31

I did the pilgrimage back in 1981.....back then you could take the car almost all the way up on tracks (not sure if thats the case nowadays). Felt like the right thing to do at the time, glad I did it.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Dec. 05 2010, 18:18

Can't wait to go there once again next year - I'll be back in England for my PhD,so...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
HR lover Offline

Posted: June 11 2011, 13:28

I'm going to England in the summer so if we could meet I'd be delighted.

--------------
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
Profile PM 
7 replies since June 01 2010, 19:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net