Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Help with titling Platinum part 1, "Airborne" or "Airborn"?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CJJC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 31 2012, 06:10

The new remaster says "Airborne" as do a few places online, CDDB's info says "Airborn" as does, obviously, the retitled "Airborn" version of the album. Due to the hilarious nature of Wikipedia, both spellings feature throughout their article. And finally, I don't really trust the info on the HDCD remasters.

So - given that I'm ripping and titling, what should I call it? Despite the spelling on the new remaster I'm leaning towards Airborn, not least because of the use of that spelling as the alternative album title. Any suggestions, folks?

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
starfish Offline

Posted: July 31 2012, 08:43

Well, the correct dictionary spelling of the word is 'Airborne', with an e.

I can only assume that it's supposed to be 'Airborn' but the word fell foul of the auto spellchecker!
Profile PM 
neil-h Offline

Posted: July 31 2012, 12:54

I wasn't sure either when putting the CD onto my iTunes/iPod. The wikipedia entry does have both spellings!
I ended up going with Airborne as per the title on the original first vinyl pressing. I used Discogs.com (a very useful site) to see how it was originally credited. http://www.discogs.com/artist/Mike+Oldfield

I wasn't sure about the new titling layout of Platinum either, as there are so many variations on labelling the 4 parts, such as:

Platinum {Part One}: Airborne (I don't like these squiggly type brackets on these new reissues, so didn't use this title)

Platinum (Part One): Airborne

Platinum Part One - Airborne

Platinum Part One: Airborne (This is the one I finally decided on)

and so on...
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 31 2012, 13:00

Hmm. The original original vinyl isn't helping much:

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
neil-h Offline

Posted: July 31 2012, 13:13

Quote (CJJC @ July 31 2012, 18:00)
Hmm. The original original vinyl isn't helping much:

Hmm, I see what you mean...
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 31 2012, 13:14

Hadn't seen that you'd already mentioned the vinyl version. I wasn't trying to make a point, I promise :)

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Nacho Offline

Posted: July 31 2012, 13:55

The Platinum part one song is always spelled as "Airborne" in any format, and the USA album "Airborn"
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 31 2012, 17:10

That's the sort of thing I needed, and I assume that it's the Airborn album that's caused this level of confusion. Thanks, Nacho!

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
7 replies since July 31 2012, 06:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net