Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Help with different versions please!, Different releases?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
DOLOMITE Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 09 2007, 21:10

Hi, I want to buy Tubular Bells 2003 but am increasingly confused at the different formats/versions..

I have a DVD player with a seperate AV amp that will process Dolby Digital and DTS ES, and I am running it with a centre, stereo front and stereo rear.

The DVD is not HD-DVD or SACD.

I'd love to hear it in some sort of surround, but I'd also want a CD version for playing on the Hi-Fi and in the car.

So what versions are out there? Which one suits me best and how can I be sure which one I'm buying?

Cheers!
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Aug. 10 2007, 03:28

Apart from the regular CD a DVD-Audio version was released on 13.01.2004 in Spain and on 09.02.2004 in Germany (Cat. # 2564 60204-5).

This DVD-Audio contains the whole album in 5.1 format and the demo recordings of "Tubular Bells" from 1971 as well as short excerpts form the concerts of "Tubular Bells II" (with "Sentinel"  being mentioned as "Sentimental") and "Tubular Bells III" ("Far Above The Clouds").

Thanks to
Tubular World

;)
Profile PM 
1 replies since Aug. 09 2007, 21:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net