Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Help!, Password problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubular_trekkie Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 10 2006, 17:18

I've just had to reset my password as I'd forgotten what it was (and I've now got a new PC), but on trying to rename my password using the control panel I keep getting logged out and told that my newly assigned 'official' password isn't valid. I'm really frustrated. Can anyone help me?

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 10 2006, 22:43

tubular_trekkie,
Is it the OLD password that's invalid or the NEW one (that you have to type twice)?
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 11 2006, 10:18

Good question - which I don't know the answer to. Presumably there is some limitation to the number of characters a password can have...? That said after I tried changing my password last night I could not re-log in using the 'official' one once the system had logged me out; I just had to use the back button or get my password details reset again. The first time I tried the process last night I appeared to be logged in but then found I wasn't and had to start all over again! Perhaps it was just some kind of technical glitch. I'm reluctant to try again today in case the same thing happens.  :/

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 11 2006, 13:07

I can't figure out what's happenning. Could be related to cookies on your browser. If you decide to re-try, please not your actions and copy/paste the messages you see, it may help finding the problem.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Mar. 10 2006, 17:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net