[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Help!, easy to use!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bugular tell Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 13 2003, 15:00

hello,
      im interested in trying to develop some music i have made but i really need a simple sequencer and i was wondering if there is one i might be able to get that is also cheap, i have the all the connections i need, and 2 keyboards.
it is something i have been interested in for a long time but dont really know how to go about it, also if i do manage to get anything written and posted it will not compare to brandon, booster, darken ed etc as i only play by ear and can not read music! lol, i'll have to learn!!!!!!!!! thanks again fellow fans! :)

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 13 2003, 15:51

I usually use FruityLoops
some people like Cubase or Cakewalk...home studio or Pro Audio...
well what I suggest is that if you can..download demos of all the software that might be ok. And then try them to see which is good for you...it just has to be comfortable...the only sequencer I really don't like is in Reason by Propellerheads (it's strange).

But I think that easiest would be fruity or cakewalk ;)

and btw your works will not be able to be compared to mine, brandon's or edo's?
I don't think so :P sorry...
the music is about emotions not much about how you've done it...technical things are a different thing, if you can write a nice song, someone can help you to make it sounding good...you can get someone to do the sounds or whatever...
and the other thing is that technical things are same as writing or composing songs...it's all just training ;) so don't worry to release your songs...go ahead! I am looking forward to hear it ;)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: June 13 2003, 17:11

thanks booster for your help and kind words, if it comes to it i may just release some samples and let the professionals, use them in there compositions hehehe, i had fruity loops but lost it when i had to re install windows  :(  , also i have tried cubase, only briefly, one of my friends is very good at using sequencers, but im afraid he likes to do drum n bass! and doesn't seem to keen to do the kind of music i would likr to do shame really, so i'll have to teach myself and because of that the music will prob take a long time to do :/  never mind i hope i can do it, like i said it's something i really want to do

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
BOOsTER
Unregistered

Posted: June 13 2003, 18:17

No problem mate...

if you will need help just pm me ;)

and hmmmz your friend (even if he likes DnB can help you too)

and yea if you really wanna do it you will get over the problems...and if you will not there will be always someone to help here on da board ;)
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: June 13 2003, 23:05

it will not compare to brandon, booster, darken ed etc as i only play by ear and can not read music! lol, i'll have to learn!!!!!!!!!

Don't be too sure. I can't read music to save my life. I play all by ear. And I don't even use a sequencer! I just used to record one track of something in Goldwave (good shareware audio editor) and then play it back in Winamp and while it's playing record again with something else over the top. And keep doing this until I have a song. Now I have a great little mixing program where I can stereo-ize stuff and record and edit things more smoothly, but it's still very simple. In fact at one point I considered myself the lowest quality of all on the forums. I don't think that now, but I still don't consider myself 'up there' with the great quality recording people. Korgscrew's tracks, I'd say, are the highest quality I've heard on these boards. I'm no where near there.

So, having said that, upload your stuff! I was scared to upload my first couple tunes, but you just gotta do it and eventually you will get better anyway.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: June 14 2003, 14:49

Bugular...send me your home address, i will send you a gift. You will like it.
After receiving it, you can count on me to have informations, help and wathever you need to make us enjoy your music. You're rising up my curiosity.

BTW, i'm sure anything you will do ti will be a part of you, and as a part of you it will be something precious to share it with us. The time and the experience will bring you where you want to go.

Ciao
Edo

--------------
www.edoardofainello.com :::: www.fayeth.com :::: www.myspace.com/kahman
Profile PM WEB 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: June 15 2003, 14:44

thanks so much for all the encouregment, i know have fruity loops 3.5.6 and am having a laugh with all the fades, echos ,reverbs and stuff, some cool sounds to be made! and to my surprise there is a fruity loops version of the last section of Tubular Bells with a digitized voice announcing the instruments so that was a bonus! like i have said before it will no doubt take a while for mr to get anything worth uploading, and even then i will have to sort out how to do it!
i think the hardest part is going to be getting the ideas i have in my head down to my fingers on to the keyboards and making it all sound good, lol ;)
thanks again!

--------------
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: June 15 2003, 15:04

Also Darken ed, fantastic music for Last Flight, this is the kind of music i want to asspire to and create ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 15 2003, 15:05

don't worry mate if you catch it in the right mood...it goes really easy...and if you don't have mood you better not try to push it ;)

btw as I have same version of FL you can always ask me for help ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: June 15 2003, 16:53

thanks booster, you may regret that comment! lol :D

TOO MANY BUTTONS!..................AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!

;)  :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 16 2003, 14:09

If I will listen one track by you...

I won't regret helping you :)

--------------
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: June 16 2003, 17:00

thanks again booster, i try to get into FL and its ok, but as i find it difficult to understand all the effects and stuff it does get a little frustrating! maybe a few beers will help ;)
i'm afraid that im one of those people that likes to know how to do something within 5 mins of looking at it!
still like they say patience is a virtue! (i hope)  :D

--------------
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 17 2003, 15:11

you will get through that soon :) it's quite easy and all the effects are same as in all the other progz...reverb works the same way...delay does the same as it's usual for it :)

don't worry  :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 17 2003, 17:57

I find it better to sketch out the basic arrangement first, before experimenting with effects and things. I think it feels a little less pressured that way, as there's already some music there, even if it's not quite right.
With a new piece of equipment/software, I tend to look for the quickest way of getting started with it, then sort out the details as I come to need them, for pretty much the same reason - it all feels a whole lot less annoying once there's at least something useful happening.
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: June 18 2003, 03:00

i had alittle play on the keyboards last night and the ideas that i already have sounded better as i tweaked them a little, this in turn is now making me eager to get it all sorted out, also i was wondering if i can download more instruments and plug ins for fruity loops? and if so where from? thanks again guys!  :D

--------------
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 18 2003, 08:12

Quote (Korgscrew @ June 17 2003, 17:57)
I find it better to sketch out the basic arrangement first, before experimenting with effects and things.

I do almost the same but I don't like sketching on papers so I usually save another version and experiment on it :D

------------

where for plugins?
anywhere just search at google.com for fruityloops :) there's a lot of fan pages and tutorials and everything

also http://www.reasonstation.net might be a usefull link...though it's aimed on Reason it has great tutorials on mixing, equalizing/mastering that suits to any prog ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: June 18 2003, 13:43

wow, thanks for all this its making it a little easier to get my head around, the only trouble i have when playing the demo tracks in FL is when a lot of channels are being used i get a lot of distortion any ideas? :/

--------------
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 18 2003, 15:54

it's a usual problem in FL (at least for me) :D
try to get there a master compressor

or simply adjust the master volume :) (the big slider on top)

;)

this should do...

--------------
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 18 2003, 18:22

I'm not too familiar with Fruity Loops, but the distortion could also be a result of the computer running out of processing power, which there's not always a great deal you can do about, if you've already optimised your system as much as possible.
Profile PM 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 19 2003, 09:24

well yes might be that you are running out of CPU power but ..hmm I don't think that would cause distortion
in fruity would cpu overload do thinks like stopping the sound after a few seconds...and so on...

--------------
Profile PM 
80 replies since June 13 2003, 15:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net