Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hello everyone!, New member< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
omgmo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 15 2018, 08:56

Hello to all friends of Mike Oldfield's music (and hence of mine) worldwide!

So, I finally decided to introduce myself!!

My first Mike's album was "Crises", back in February 2002 (it was a dilemma, it was going to be this or Procol Harum's eponymous album, a dilemma that took me about half an hour to resolve).
First Mike's tune I heard was probably "Guilty", some time in the '80s (it was the opening theme of a TV show in my country).
First song of his that I loved was "Moonlight Shadow" (can't really remember when or how). This introduced me to his music.
I have listened to, and loved, works from nearly all his eras. I admire the wisdom, beauty, power, kindness, humour and depth of his music, and I really love, of course, the sound of his guitar.

I have generally enjoyed many, many kinds of music.

MO has been for me a good friend, a teacher, a source of happiness and courage, through his music, lyrics, performance and videos, as well as through his interviews.

I view Mike as a hero, a genius (as we all know) and -I want this to be considered- as A NICE PERSON.

I will sure introduce my children to his music, and I think that every lover of Music should feel grateful living the same time as he, a time especially when technology can potentially bring us so close. In my opinion MO's work, as well as life, will be studied in universities for ever. He is for me certainly one of History's greatest.

I wish to thank all members for this wealth of information and interesting discussion. I have been enjoying it for more than two years, as far as I remember, and, of course, it would be just a matter of time for me to become part of it.
Your forum feels a hospitable place.

Greetings from beautiful and historical Greece!
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 17 2018, 03:53

Hello and welcome omgmo, it's always nice to have new members, even though things are very silent from Mike at the moment.
Profile PM 
omgmo Offline

Posted: April 18 2018, 12:21

Thank you, qjamesfloyd.
Is there a serious reason that we know (or suppose) for this 'silence'?
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 19 2018, 06:38

Most things have been talked about on this site related to Mike already, and there is just nothing new to talk about. When the new album is announced things will pick up, trust me ;)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 19 2018, 19:56

Actually, if you look at the bottom of the page you see the Tubular Bells image lying on its side- having a rest  :laugh:
Profile PM 
4 replies since April 15 2018, 08:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net