Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HDCD Remasters playback, Please help to solve some problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
BeeNBee Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 03 2010, 05:18

As we all know the HDCD remasters were recorded with the unusual for CD 20-bit resolution to preserve higher sound quality thus leaving them perfectly compatible with standard CD players.  Obviously to enjoy the full 20-bit res we need a HDCD compatible stand alone player. But how to enjoy 20bit on PC?
I've been trying to rip those CDs using dBpoweramp with the HDCD plug-in which is decoding them to 24bits while only 20bits are used. But I don't know whether it can be trusted?

Greets and thanks in advance for any clearance or suggestions.

--------------
" Michal Kochamy Cie! " - Katowice 1999
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2010, 06:13

Still using my cd player, must admit I have never tinkered with HDCD at all. Korgscrew, Jim, Caveman, Dirk, Nightspore and Ugo might have some ideas, particularly Jim, a real techy who has updated his PC and loves all things electronic! Hope you get an answer. Welcome to Tubular.net. Deb
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2010, 07:44

Sorry can't help.Not at all tech minded.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 03 2010, 08:18

As Deb suggests, some of the more techie minded forums members might know something about this. The only info I found was this thread on the dbpoweramp site which does seem to suggest it can be done the way you describe so long as you use the right formats in the right order!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
BeeNBee Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2010, 09:41

I am happy to see some response! Thanks guys it's appreciated! After looking through the forums it seems that I was on the right track with dBpoweramp. Anyway great to be part of the willing-to-help community!

Thanks once again.

--------------
" Michal Kochamy Cie! " - Katowice 1999
Profile PM 
4 replies since Feb. 03 2010, 05:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net