Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Has Mike Oldfield been working on a new album?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
mart Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 24 2014, 04:22

By serving on the internet I read this.
Is there by any change somebody who knows something more about this possibility or is it to good to be true.  

Has Mike Oldfield been working on a new album?
While representatives are keeping tight-lipped, reports have been circulating on the Internet. There have been strong rumors that the musician is finally returning to the recording studio working on a what might be a back-to-roots album. According to a source, rumours of Mike Oldfield working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape. “It’s still in the early stages,” “He’s got security on the doors to ensure no-one hears a whisper,” a source said.
World Tour To Follow New Album?
Mike Oldfield is rumoured to be planning a worldwide tour at the end of 2015. When contacted, a representative had no information on a new album, or any of the musician’s future plans. This isn’t the first time in recent memory reports have surfaced about Mike Oldfield recording sessions. Fans will be anxiously awaiting...
Do you think Mike Oldfield will pick up right where he left off and deliver another excellent album?

I truly hope that there is something planning by Mike, maybe the Telecaster project.
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Dec. 29 2014, 04:56

IN recent weeks after the release of MotR, Caroline Monk (Mike's PA) told his facebook *personal* page that he was looking to work on either a *Prequel* to TB or TBIV

Later she asked fans what a prequel would be called (giving the examples of Nucleus or Emryo)

So - No word that he was definitely in his studio (Security on the doors is nonsense as Mike does all his recording at home these days) - and he HAS catagorically stated that he will NEVER do another tour...

(Although, Mike, as we know, is mercurial in his moods from time to time!;)   :)
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 29 2014, 14:53

I thought they were kidding with the prequel announcement?
Profile PM 
mountie926 Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2015, 15:23

As stated in Mike's New Year's message:

"I am working on some great projects now that will be ready in 2016."

So I suppose he is working on a new album. If it's actually another TB album, we will see. Other projects might be upcoming deluxe editions. Discovery is next.
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Jan. 07 2015, 06:59

Quote (Olivier @ Dec. 29 2014, 19:53)
I thought they were kidding with the prequel announcement?

Well... you know what it's like... Mike changes his mind from one minute to the next!  :-)
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: May 05 2015, 03:55

I have asked Caroline twice on Facebook how is the instrumental album coming along and she ignores my messages. Not much of a PA really.
Profile PM WEB 
spark Offline

Posted: May 13 2015, 08:41

On Mikes BBC Radio 2 interveiw yesterday 12/05/2015 he talked about a prequel to TB1 being something he might do.
Using only analog recording and instruments from before 1973 .
Seemed quiet serious about it.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: May 16 2015, 18:15

The confirmation of the possibility of the prequel this week is purely coincidental in relation to the "quotes" from mart's original post.  They didn't ring true when I first read them, but I didn't investigate until this week.  Just copy and paste any extended part of the text into Google and you'll find a surprisingly diverse range of musicians who have eight tracks in the can... ;)

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: May 22 2015, 10:21

A prequel is a great idea. I'd either call it 'Before' or 'Breakfast in Bed' as Tubular Bells was going to be called. I'd recommend Mike to relax, get isolated and submerge into memories, pictures, popular music, and places of all that time and try to get into the heart, mind and soul of the young boy that dreamed to be a multi-instrumental hero and a very singular musician.

And please, make it possible to hear such wonderful instrumental tracks as Incantations,  Taurus 1, 2, 3 or Amarok as performed live. I think I'm representing 95% of fans when I say that.

Delfín.

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
dobyblue Offline

Posted: May 29 2015, 10:24

Quote (ian @ May 05 2015, 03:55)
I have asked Caroline twice on Facebook how is the instrumental album coming along and she ignores my messages. Not much of a PA really.

PA = personal assistant...to Mike...not personal answerer to FB questions. :)

Be happy she hasn't banned you, as she did me when I posted that the UMe guys said the artist was happy with only releasing DD5.1 on DVD for the first few surround mixes and asked why no Blu-ray or flac download.
Profile PM WEB 
ian Offline

Posted: June 03 2015, 03:33

To be honest I couldn't really care if I was banned or not. I just wanted some simple info regarding the artist she represents. It's her job.
Profile PM WEB 
10 replies since Dec. 24 2014, 04:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net