Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Has Excalibur Surfaced?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Man In The Rain Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 22 2002, 11:06

When Mike recorded The Millennium Bell, there was a track which was going to be on the album but was taken off at the last minute, Excalibur. I was looking at Rainer's discography and it lists a very rare CDR Acetate with the track on, so its extremely, extremely rare - maybe only Mike has a copy. But I thought I would ask if anyone knows of the existence of an mp3 or something of the track - in theory, if there is a promo CDR then someone may have ripped an mp3 of the track?

Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: June 22 2002, 12:42

This topic was already posted by me on may 20th but until now I've never received any comment.....

So.....where is this track to be found?

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: June 22 2002, 16:22

ha - I had answered it by saying it couldn't have been leaked because no-one was replying. those other early tracks from the millennium bell sessions were on promo CDRs, but Rainer's discography only lists a 'demo CDR' as having Excalibur. It maybe that he added this info because thats what Mike played Dark Star - the circulation of the track may have ended right there...

Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
2 replies since June 22 2002, 11:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net