Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Has anybody seen "The Wind Chimes"? What is your opinion?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bennyboy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 28 2001, 13:03

Has anyone here seen "The Wind Chimes"? If so can you give me a review of the video and tell me if it's worth buying?
Profile PM 
bennyboy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 19 2001, 02:05

What, hasn't ANYONE here seen "The Wind Chimes"?

No one has replied to my post. frown
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 20 2001, 00:42

I wrote a small amount about The Wind Chimes in reply to your video compilations post.

The title track is interesting...something to watch while you listen. Mainly Mike playing around with some video equipment. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece of film making, but it's fun (and it's the images which Mike saw fit to put with the music, which must count for something...).

The rest of them...again, something to watch. You can see the various singers and that sort of thing. There are even a few cases of interlinked images, and things turning up in more than one place...
The 'Magic Touch' video stands out from the rest - it was co-directed by Alex Proyas and I think it works better because of that (I did hear that Mike's only visual contribution to the video was the small 'drummer' graphic that crops up in a couple places - an element which seems rather out of place...but you'll have to see the video to know what I mean).

I enjoyed watching it, and didn't regret having bought it.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Sep. 28 2001, 13:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net