Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Happy New Year 2007!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Big BellEnd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 13:18

wishing that all have a happy and preposterous new year, in all honesty though I was really enjoying 2006, I don't like to call it last year so soon.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 13:20

Quote (Piltdownboy on horseback 22 @ Jan. 01 2007, 13:11)
Quote (Tubular Tos @ Jan. 01 2007, 12:56)
For all of you , this track made quickly yesterday afternoon in three hours .A possible Mike Oldfield Christmas tune !

it's a classic  :D

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Hi Piltdownboy ! I don't understand , what do you mean ?
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 13:25

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Jan. 01 2007, 13:20)
Quote (Piltdownboy on horseback 22 @ Jan. 01 2007, 13:11)
Quote (Tubular Tos @ Jan. 01 2007, 12:56)
For all of you , this track made quickly yesterday afternoon in three hours .A possible Mike Oldfield Christmas tune !

it's a classic

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Hi Piltdownboy ! I don't understand , what do you mean ?

that it's a great song  :)

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 13:58

;) Ahhh . I have been afraid . I believed that it was already a known melody  :)
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 15:26

Thanx a lot, Olivier, and ditto as SoimSandheaver above. I wish I could contribute something more to this website, but my chronic laziness somehow doesn't allow me to do it. :D Anyway, happy 2007 to everyone! ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 18:34

Quote (Bill Bobaggins @ Jan. 01 2007, 00:14)
- so thank you to everyone for being so cordial and polite.

I too appreciate the harmony and the sense of community here on tubularnet. People sharing diverse knowledge, interests, humour, music etc~ it does have a unique feeling much like the music of Mike Oldfield, & afterall he's the reason we're all here logging on now & then! And as always thanks to the administrators who do a marvelous job keeping everything going. (I'm adjusting to the new layout & quite like it btw)

I like the harmony, but I also love it when there's an interesting debate/discussion where lots of people get involved. Perhaps the new year will bring a few more of those!

Wishing all members of tubularnet peace and much happiness throughout 2007. ( Mike & Family too, naturally!!;)

bee
:)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
ToroAcu Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2007, 14:24

Happy New Year to all!!!!!
Profile PM WEB 
glasgow_tubular Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2007, 07:12

Happy Belated new year...
Back at work now, hope you all had a gid yin  ;)

--------------
www.myspace.com/allaroundmyhat
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2007, 20:25

Well my New Year got off to a bad start, already disgusted with myself for failing to wish dearest Stefan a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, but I slept all day. So sorry Stefan and I hope you had a great one.

My obsession with You Tube may go up or down in 2007, who knows. I would really love to learn how to make videos well but doubt I have the patience to achieve this.

For Xmas I was given a baby ferret we named farken who is now 8 weeks old and already a little terror, you can meet him on You Tube (just look up TubularBelle). Farken is very bright, I have taught him to roll over already :) , and watching him and Molly the Border Collie play causes side splitting laughter. I can't leave them alone together as Molly is very rough, she drags farken around by the head and has even thrown her in the air (by the head), but farken keeps running back for more and now gets some good bites in there, he always goes for Mollys tender bits like her mouth, nose and ears, and when farken hurts Molly, she pins farken down with her head until farken cries and then Molly releases her and farken just jumps on Mollys head and goes for more.

Michael got an awesome Xmas gift from his dad of a 'one foot square' plot of land on the Lochaber Highland Estate in Scotland which allows Michael to fish on a one mile stretch of the River Spean.  We are now Laird and Lady of Lochaber. How fantastic is that! What a novel gift.

I was working in the Toy Department of a large Department Store over Xmas which was very interesting. Our registers were right next to Santa and I really enjoyed the experience but as the Toy Department is now quieter than a Cemetery I have been moved to Childrens Shoes and am gearing up for the rush for school shoes over the holidays. Sold my first pair yesterday, for a first walker, and watching the parents almost cry with laughter when they saw their young lad react to his first pair of shoes by lifting his little feet high into the air with every step was a heartwarming delight, but it is a lot more stressfull than selling toys. My contract runs out in Feb which they may or may not re-new.

I turn 47 this year, boo hoo, but I love being a Nanna and I absolutely love watching my sons being Dads. Don't want any more grandchildren for now tho, they are too expensive. Little Chloes Christening is this Sunday, she is now 6 months old (actually she is not so little, she slightly resembles a miniature sumo wrestler! ). Bryce turns 2 in Feb and Caitlin and Angel turn 5 in April and May.

Looking forward to Mikes autobiography and new album (hope that happens this year) and am enjoying listening to Mike in good quality in the car for the first time after Michael bought me a new mp3 player for the car so this weekend we will be putting ALL of Mikes albums onto one mp3 disc, yippee.

You guys are great and this site has been a source of enjoyment for me for a few years now. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy :)

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
christ Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2007, 11:27

i think the fact that all we have of mike's work to celebrate this year is some old, repackaged music is very, very dissapointing. i would really, really like it if there were like, some relevant news concerning mike. i don't give a damn about toto or whatever other nonsense you people try to insinuate is news. i really like mike oldfield. i would worship him and build altars to him if it were more conventional. i honestly think that mike oldfield is as important to my ears as bach, maybe more. but seriously, this website is updated like, once or twice every six months. michael gordon needs to do more newsworth things. please.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2007, 13:40

Quote (christ @ Jan. 06 2007, 16:27)
i would really, really like it if there were like, some relevant news concerning mike. i don't give a damn about toto or whatever other nonsense you people try to insinuate is news.

But I wonder what kind of response you're hoping for, to this? We too, would like more relevant news about Mike, but we have no control over the way he lives his life (thank goodness).

What we do here is discuss Mike Oldfield and his music - and news, yes, if we get any. But instead of focusing on the absence of news, I could point out that some fine musicians who use this site are so inspired by his music that they create their own, and post it here, freely. (Have you listened to any of it?) I'd also suggest that if you take a careful look at some of the discussions and information available here, I think you'd see that a great deal of time and effort is put in by the regular contributors and administrators to try to keep the discussions active and alive. New things are happening all the time, in fact; not every day, but steadily. Did you notice that some of Mike's recent live performances have been very kindly made available here?

The people you refer to so dismissively as 'you people' are actually people just like you, but with this one big difference: they realise that if they want to get the best out of using this forum, they need to put something into it. Of course it's harder than just being grumpy about its deficiencies - but why not have a go? Ditch the grumps, and tell us why you like Mike Oldfield so much, and what it is you like most, and why you want to worship him (some of us might challenge that and discuss it with you). That way, by positively contributing to the forum, you'd at least cease to regard us as 'you people'.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 07 2007, 09:45

Quote (christ @ Jan. 06 2007, 10:27)
i think the fact that all we have of mike's work to celebrate this year is some old, repackaged music is very, very dissapointing. i would really, really like it if there were like, some relevant news concerning mike. i don't give a damn about toto or whatever other nonsense you people try to insinuate is news. i really like mike oldfield. i would worship him and build altars to him if it were more conventional. i honestly think that mike oldfield is as important to my ears as bach, maybe more. but seriously, this website is updated like, once or twice every six months. michael gordon needs to do more newsworth things. please.

First of all, you say, "i think the fact that all we have of mike's work to celebrate this year is some old, repackaged music is very, very disappointing." Have you heard any of the music he is working on? We can speculate all we want, but it's really not fair to assume it will be repackaged. We don't know.

Furthermore, Mike works in his own way, in his own time and we cannot make him have news for us to report. News happens as it happens. How can we possibly control that? In the last several weeks there has been news-- his forthcoming book, items from the Proms, etc. I'd have thought those things news by anyone's definition.

Regarding building an alter to Mike if it were conventional (to worship a musician?). Feel free. Why let convention stand in the way? ;)  Besides, it would make a good response at ice breakers at meetings or in the classroom when they say, "Tell us one thing that no one knows about you."  You could say, "I have an alter (or shrine) to Mike Oldfield in my house."  :D  (You might also want to scope out the Mike as God topic that's around here someplace.) Probably those of us who have alters in our homes (not necessarily for Mike) should light a candle and channel positive, creative energy his way, or say a prayer for him, to help with the new work (and I am serious about that).

Indeed, members contribute their music, artwork, tabs, stuff of late from the Proms, thoughtful posts, and they spend time thinking about the forum board (the new look was based in large part on members' suggestions). It is the members of tubular.net who make this a dynamic place, where many of us like to hang our hats.

You have discovered one of my personal "wind up" phrases--"you people." I used to have a colleague who would say that in meetings and I found it very devisive then, and I do now. One more way of dividing people into "us and them" or "them and me." You are a posting member who has even contributed music. Like it or not, you are one of us.  You've had some rather nice feedback on your music in the past. I hope you stay around and contribute more music and discussion.

Cheers

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Jan. 07 2007, 22:29

Tracy, I love your YouTube video.  Your dog is precious.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
glasgow_tubular Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2007, 10:44

Quote (TubularBelle @ Jan. 04 2007, 20:25)
Michael got an awesome Xmas gift from his dad of a 'one foot square' plot of land on the Lochaber Highland Estate in Scotland which allows Michael to fish on a one mile stretch of the River Spean.  We are now Laird and Lady of Lochaber. How fantastic is that! What a novel gift.

My brother got me that but its at castle kincavel estate. He gave me a kids crown and i made them call me lady susan all day  ;)

--------------
www.myspace.com/allaroundmyhat
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2007, 16:46

G'day Christ, your moniker tells us everything we need to know about you. I think for me the only way to judge how this forum fairs as in it's contributions and input etc is to compare it to other fan forums and I am only a member of one other, the SIA site which is most certainly made more exciting by the fact that SIA herself has posted nearly 2,000 times. Well pigs will fly before Mike ever becomes a regular contributor here, OR gives us the respect of informing us of any developments in his career up front, OR even respects us as his fans, OR becomes popular again by commercial standards. So with all that in mind, I think that the admin here and the regular contributors do an OUTSTANDING job of keeping this forum ALIVE and INTERESTING. We can't create our own Mike Oldfield news, it has to come from him. As has been said, we have had very recent LIVE performances, and promises of a book and not too long after, an ORIGINAL album. I think thats all VERY exciting, don't you? Considering Mikes standing in the General Media, I think he is a very prolific musician who has barely rested on his laurels once in 34 years, providing us with regular output which far surpasses the efforts of many many mainstream artists. Yes it's true there have been patches where Mikes output has appeared a little contrived or rehashed, but he is in his 50's now with a young family and a LIFE to live, and I still believe that ANYTHING he offers his fans now is way more than any of us should expect of him. I am SO gratefull he is still recording music. You seem like an interesting character, I look forward to having discussions with you, or do you only plan to come in once in a blue moon to jab up with your stick?

PS-My TB oil painting is my shrine to Mike, in fact my whole lounge and dining room is a shrine to Mike with stuff all over the place.

Thanks Mary, (Bill Bobaggins) It is Mary isn't it? I think I get you and Inkantas names mixed up sometimes. Molly the Border Collie is quite psycho but never boring. Her new trick now is to scale our 6 foot fencing so we have to lock her in the house again which she destroys. She doesn't like me going to work, so I guess it's a good thing my hours have been cut. She thinks farken the ferret was HER Xmas present, not mine. When I pick him up, she jumps up and tries to rip farken out of my hands!!

Hi Glasgow, because we do not know how much this thing cost, we couldn't tell if it was authentic or not. My You Tube friend Lemkuiper who is Scottish, says he knows a little bit about the legalities of these 'souvenir plots' so will fill me in a bit more about them. I imagine it only lasts a certain amount of time.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 09 2007, 12:01

Quote (TubularBelle @ Jan. 08 2007, 22:46)
Thanks Mary, (Bill Bobaggins) It is Mary isn't it? I think I get you and Inkantas names mixed up sometimes.

Mary-Carol (M-C) is Inkanta. I don't remember what Bill Bobaggins' name is, though I must admit that her nick is very cool.  :cool:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Jan. 09 2007, 21:57

Hello it's me.  Bill Bobaggins.  And yes, my name is Mary.  Sorry to be confusing.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
36 replies since Dec. 31 2006, 15:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net