Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Happy new year!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 01 2006, 02:56

We'd like to welcome all of our visitors into 2006!

2005 was quite an exciting year as far as Mike Oldfield releases were concerned, with the highlights of course being Light + Shade and the Exposed DVD. We hope that yet more exciting things will appear in 2006!

Thanks to all of you who have supported us - we hope you will stay with us to discover what more we have in store!
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 01 2006, 03:48

2005: 2000th member, 5000th topic, 50000th post...
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 01 2006, 05:28

Quote (Korgscrew @ Jan. 01 2006, 07:56)
We'd like to welcome all of our visitors into 2006!

And I'd like to welcome your welcome into the new year, and say thank you for all you did in the old one.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2006, 06:09

Happy New Year Everyone
:)  :D .

Mike caused a bit of a stir last night in Essex, no not Mr Oldfield, but a TubularBoard friend's  15 year old son, called Michael had gone missing.  Mike had gone out with friends but didn't return home until gone 2am, apparently thier taxi didn't turn up, after waiting 45 minutes they decided to walk home.
So instead of enjoying a glass or two of Baileys to see the new year in Mike's poor mum  was manning the phones, awaiting news of her son.  In the age of mobile phones, most teenagers these days seem to have one, I would have thought one of the group could have phoned home to save their poor parents the worry.  I dunno teenagers   :/ .  Makes me wonder how I survived my teenage years without a mobile phone.

Sandra, I hope this has shamed Mike enough for you, I'm so glad he turned up safe and sound :).

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2006, 06:15

Out with the old,on with the new - Happy New Year everyone . Good thoughts & wishes all round :D
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2006, 07:50

@Galadriel - Thanks for caring :) Said son is forgiven(after all,most of it happened last year!)and I must not forget being teenage once myself.
Today can drink much Baileys Irish Cream instead - CHEERS!!!
Profile PM 
Yuval Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 01 2006, 08:51

happy new year :)
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 01 2006, 12:07

Happy New Year, everyone! The future holds such promise for good things to come--can't help feeling 2006 will be a special year in many ways!

Quote (Groovy Granny @ Jan. 01 2006, 06:50)
Said son is forgiven(after all,most of it happened last year!)and I must not forget being teenage once myself.
Today can drink much Baileys Irish Cream instead - CHEERS!!!

Sandra--so glad your Mike turned up--when a child is missing, everything else falls into perspective. I hope that you are enjoying your Bailey's as I type!

Here's hoping that the other Mike turns up this year -- in concert. :D

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2006, 12:30

Happy Tubular New Year for you all :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2006, 13:28

:) Yeahhh !!! Happy New Year everyone !! I wish you Good health , money , happiness , music and more and more for all of you  and your family !!!  ;)
Profile PM 
Navaira Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2006, 13:34

Happy new year everyone!

--------------
http://www.raygrant.com :: My album 'Exorcism' is out on iTunes now
Profile PM WEB 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2006, 19:02

Happy New Year  :cool:
Profile PM 
ToroAcu Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2006, 07:46

Happy New Year for you all!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings from Spain.
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Jan. 03 2006, 19:28

Sandra, would you like my Irish Cream recipe, it is delish!!!!! The man at the liquor shop insisted I should use only Irish Whiskey which makes sense, but really, any whiskey does the job.

1.5 cups whiskey (375 ml)
3 eggs
1 tin condensed milk
300ml cream
1 tsp coconut essence
1 tsp coffee powder
1 tblsp chocolate topping

Mix together and chill

I buy a 700 ml bottle of whiskey (around $30) which is 50 ml less than double this recipe, and double everything else, so it is not even as strong as this recipe but still packs a great whollop. Actually, it tastes like heaven but gives me a major headache and makes Michael 'angry' so I am thinking of giving it a miss next year. But for around $40 I get over 2 litres (the equivalent of 3 bottles of Baileys which would cost $75).

Enjoy!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2006, 04:40

@Tracy thanks for the recipe which is beyond temptation for me now I've seen it (going shopping)!

Baileys isn't the only drink I like,but it has kind of become a pleasant New Years Eve "tradition" for me to have a glass or two.Now what next excuse to celebrate with your fine recipe, news of  2006  M.O tour ?  :D
Profile PM 
Chicular Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2006, 10:56

Happy New Year to everyone at Tubularnet!
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2006, 17:45

Happy New Year and heartfelt wishes to everyone.

Please, please take care of yourself.   I am literally watching my 47 year old brother die of pancreatic cancer.   There is nothing I, nor anyone else can do to help him, outside of trying to keep him free of pain.  Don't put off going to the doctor because you may be afraid of the diagnosis.  I believe he knew what was wrong and didn't want to hear the words.  He seriously abused his body for many years with drugs and alcohol and now he is sadly paying the price.

If you have your health, you have everything.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2006, 18:06

Quote (Bill Bobaggins @ Jan. 04 2006, 22:45)
Please, please take care of yourself.   I am literally watching my 47 year old brother die of pancreatic cancer.   There is nothing I, nor anyone else can do to help him, outside of trying to keep him free of pain.

I'm so sorry to hear that Bill. I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes.  I just hope when the enevitable comes your brothers passing into the spirit world is as quick and painless as it can be.

I lost my Dad to cancer, just over two months ago, he was 61.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2006, 18:26

Thinking of you and your family Bill, such a sad start to the new year. Have been through the very same thing with a family member of ours only last year, seemed surreal at the time, and even now I have not quite accepted it. As you say, health is a gift so precious.

I hope music can help you, as I find it a great comfort for all kinds of things.

bee

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 04 2006, 18:27

Quote (Bill Bobaggins @ Jan. 04 2006, 16:45)
If you have your health, you have everything.

That is so very true. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. Four years ago we lost a favorite colleague from the same thing. She was pretty good to herself--never used drugs, didn't smoke, drink, etc., but ended up with it all the same. One just never, ever knows. It is so important to try to relish and enjoy the "now." To see the promise and joy in all the moments that you can (tasting apples, as Louise Erdrich would say).   My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
30 replies since Jan. 01 2006, 02:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net