Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Happy Birthday, Mike!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Nono
Unregistered

Posted: May 20 2003, 11:57

:)  Bon anniversaire from france Mike et je voudrais un concert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Le There be Mike !

N....
Trekky4all
Unregistered

Posted: May 28 2003, 16:01

Happy Birthday Mike!!!

Greetings from Austria
Equinoxe
Unregistered

Posted: June 05 2003, 00:49

¡Feliz cumpleaños para Miguel Campoviejo! (a bit late, sorry :\ )

Greetings from México! :D
caveman
Unregistered

Posted: June 05 2003, 06:56

fluggum whaahhh cahhh nowow.  

Thanks Mike for all of the wonderful music you have created but my opinion is that the one and only tune is the newest version of dark star.  ( How a guitar is meant to sound)

Happy birthday Mike from Craig and Dave.   Sunderland.  :D  :D
Dominik
Unregistered

Posted: June 07 2003, 16:21

Long Live The Mike !!
100 lat Panie Oldfield !!
bevy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 07 2003, 21:38

@ 4 mins 32 secs,, if u play it backwards it says kevin ayers drinks wine and skins up 5 skinners  :D

and thats maths..try it
Profile PM 
Maggi
Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 22 2003, 07:51

Belated Happy Birthday Mike.

Do you ever think back and wonder 'what happened to my old friend Bob Gilmour' after we cut him out of the deal just before recording Tubular Bells.

You know - the one who helped you put the music together and the one who went out and persuaded Richard Branson to record it - and was supposed to take part and play be on the album.

Did you ever wonder what it felt like to be him when the album hit the shops and played for months everywhere we went.

I think maybe you've conveniently forgotten.  He never got a penny or any recognition for his input - but Happy Birthday to you anyway.
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2003, 14:13

What a pointless post, if you feel the need to bad mouth someone do it somewhere that people care, not here, maybe you know what you are talking about but i think i speak for everyone here when i say this is not the place for such opinions

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 22 2003, 15:12

Well, it's not a story I've heard before, though I accept that things like this do get buried sometimes. Perhaps Mr Gilmour would like to make the story public, then we can decide for ourselves what we think of it.

I find it unusual that this person has never been mentioned by anyone in connection with the making of the album - Tom Newman always claimed it was him who brought Mike's work to Branson's attention, with the help of Simon Draper.

Depending on what kind of help he offered, Mr Gilmour could have reason to take the matter further, considering that Mike is preparing to release the original demos of Tubular Bells - if those are partly Gilmour's work and not Mike's, then he's entitled to a royalty from their sale.

What I see in Maggi's post is presented as fact rather than opinion, and I think it's fair to say that there are people here who are interested in the facts surrounding the creation of Tubular Bells. We have to be careful that what's being said is true though, especially when it starts becoming accusational - if we start airing libellous statements here, we could quickly get into a lot of hot water.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2003, 18:55

I think its interesting that Tom Newman has never mentioned the name Bob Gilmour before, if he did play such a vital role in the early days of Mike's career why has he never been mentioned by anyone untill now? I don't see any reason for a cover up, you get ther impression from Tom Newman, Simon Heyworth etc that everybody important in the creation of TB has been mentioned and given due respect. This chap, if he was around in the early days, sounds like a 'hanger on', someone belatadly trying to cash in on the the success of the album. I'm sure there were loads of people around Mike in the early days and I'm sure there's a few people never mentioned in any bio's simply because, contrary to what they think, they had a very small part to play in Mike's rise to fame. I mean where would Mike begin if he had to try and give credit to everyone who was around the Manor before and during the making of TB?
Profile PM 
89 replies since May 14 2003, 20:12 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net