Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Happy 70th Birthday Mike< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 15 2023, 05:04

Happy 70th Mike, you are a living legend. I hope you have a great day and enjoy your retirement.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: May 15 2023, 15:36

I too wish you a very Happy Birthday Mike - and thank you for all the music - I still have the same favourites as I did decades ago and they have remained a true constant in my life - for this I am grateful in such an ever changing world. There are times when I listen less to the music but when the moment hits nothing else will do. It still centres me and brings me back to a good place. That’s not something you forget - it becomes a part of you.

I took two of my sons and one of their girlfriends to the Royal Albert Hall last year to see Tibular Bells and we all enjoyed it (but I was cringing when Brian Blessed boomed - he’s great but he wasn’t right for that!;) I’m proud that they know this music and will take it forward for new generations.

Wishing you well, always

and the same good wishes to any fans on here that might remember me.

Happy days :)

bee

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 16 2023, 00:03

And a day after Mike's birthday we have, on May 16, the anniversary of another "ultra sweety guy": Sammy Davis Junior, but, sadly, a death anniversary. Just imagine if Mike did a Celtic version of "Mr Bojangles" or "The Candy Man".
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 16 2023, 05:33

Hi bee,

Yes, we remember you :) it's good to hear from you, It's a shame this site is not as busy as it once was, but maybe forum's like this are just not as popular as before.

It's great that you have introduced Mike's music to the next generation though.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: May 16 2023, 05:37

Quote (nightspore @ May 16 2023, 00:03)
And a day after Mike's birthday we have, on May 16, the anniversary of another "ultra sweety guy": Sammy Davis Junior, but, sadly, a death anniversary. Just imagine if Mike did a Celtic version of "Mr Bojangles" or "The Candy Man".

Don't think I didn't notice the Alice Cooper reference!

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
olaf Offline

Posted: May 16 2023, 14:45

He is alive and has given an interview to PROG magazine, out on Friday see http://oldfieldexposed.blogspot.com/2023....ne.html and
https://www.loudersound.com/prog
Hope this is not fake news.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: May 16 2023, 16:31

:D Hello James ! I do hope all is well with you - I look in here from time to time - it’s still a great forum but, yes, times do change - maybe as this format is not instant and live it has lost contributors over the years - I’ve always loathed social media so avoid Facebook Instagram and TicTic and whatever else there is now. (not sure this  forum can be called social media but maybe it is an early version?!;) There certainly were some interesting discussions on here over a few years- I definitely learnt stuff. It  did get a bit weird at times though I remember which was a shame.

I never did understand riddles I’m afraid  Nightspore - Lars - you’ve lost me. Hope the writing is going well Nightspore.

And good to find out there’s to be an interview in Prog coming out Friday Olaf - I’m going to London that day so will have an excuse to buy it and read on the train journey home - can’t remember the last time I bought a magazine!

It’s good to know this place is still here - and the music we all love is what connects us like that mysterious network under the trees in a forest - it’s got some scientific name that I don’t know but I have heard it referred to as the woodwide web ! You can’t see it but it connects and supports the trees if they are suffering or in need.  Music very much does this.

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 16 2023, 19:21

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ May 16 2023, 05:33)
Hi bee,

Yes, we remember you :) it's good to hear from you, It's a shame this site is not as busy as it once was, but maybe forum's like this are just not as popular as before.

It's great that you have introduced Mike's music to the next generation though.

I remember particularly stupid comments posted under the name of "bee". But let's get this straight: you're claiming after a 10 year absence you suddenly care that Mike Oldfield is 70? That would be a joke if the post weren't phony: just another case of Mike Oldfield wishing himself a happy birthday. Because let's face it: no one else actually cares.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 17 2023, 02:51

This is great news about the new interview in Prog magazine, I am looking forward to hearing what he says, I just hope they ask him some interesting questions.
Profile PM 
Legend Offline

Posted: May 17 2023, 05:05

Hopefully no "Why"-questions...
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 17 2023, 18:23

Belated happy birthday Mike.
Not that he will read this.
I just posted it because i care that it’s his birthday.
Hi Bee.
Hope your keeping well.
Ignore ole sourpuss/grumpyface
He’d rather be here than flying through space lol
:laugh:
Profile PM 
10 replies since May 15 2023, 05:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net